Magnetic Sign

For your help and questions
talanhart

Magnetic Sign

Post by talanhart »

I have a contractor doing some work on my house and he needs magnetic signs for his truck. I ordered the sign blanks from Signwarehouse tonight. I wonder what the going rate is for Magnetic signs?
Todd
jancy

Re: Magnetic Sign

Post by jancy »

hmm. check w/a local printer/signmaker?

I've seen, but don't remember where, printable vinyl that you can adhere to the magnetic sheets.
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

I workout with a lady who works at a sign shop. I guess she could give me a rough idea. I already have enough vinyl on hand.
Todd
lkc

Post by lkc »

12x24 magnetic could go from $30-60 per sign depending on how much copy, logo, etc. Oversized, $45-60 per sign. We use to wax the back of the magnetic sheeting to help resist picking up fine dirt, etc.

Often wise to check and make sure the vehicles are metal and not fiberglass and check for dead spots on the doors of trucks where bondo might have been used to fix a dent...it's a bummer to have a poor seal and lose your magnetic sign.

Laura
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

Thanks for the information. I was thinking $50 for two for some basic lettering on a 12" x 24" magnet. With shipping, the magnets are $7.50 each.
Todd
Aimitup2

Post by Aimitup2 »

Hi Todd - I just got a quote on magnetic signs and they quoted $50 for two. I thought that was a good deal.
Now that I see you are creating yourself - wonder if I can do the same !?!

Amy
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

You can do it!
Todd
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

I have a lady that owns a store one street over from me and she wants me to bring some cards in that I created to sell.. I also do a lot of sewing and knitting and she wants me to bring that stuff in as well :D... Just a little money to tie me over until I'm able to go back to work in a few months...
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

My sign magnets came in today. Pretty heavy duty stuff!
Todd
lkc

Post by lkc »

talanhart wrote:My sign magnets came in today. Pretty heavy duty stuff!
Yeah, the commercial sign material is different from the thin business card magnets! It's helpful to suggest that when they aren't in use that customers store them on a flat surface...mine are on the refrigerator though the side of a file cabinet works, too. I prefer that to just laying them on a nonmetal surface where they may run the risk of curling and preventing a good seal on the vehicle. Keeping magnets on a vehicle all the time runs the risk of trapping moisture and premature rusting...