Hand Embossing

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Sure Cuts A Lot
Aimitup2

Hand Embossing

Post by Aimitup2 »

Hi - I created this page using Core'dinations paper. I designed the side panel with quotes in Illustrator, cut it from chip board and hand embossed it.

If you want to check out a tutorial on how to hand emboss please visit my blog. http://aimitup.blogspot.com/

I also have the SVG for the quote mark panel on there if you want to give it a try. Amy
Attachments
11CloseupSmaller.jpg
11CloseupSmaller.jpg (104.33 KiB) Viewed 2809 times
InTheirWordsWebSmaller.jpg
InTheirWordsWebSmaller.jpg (112.87 KiB) Viewed 2809 times
talanhart

Re: Hand Embossing

Post by talanhart »

Very Nice.
Todd
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

Amy,
Great looking layout. Years ago I used to make hand embossing stencil by using punches with magnet stock. Now I make my own dies/folders for the Cuttlebug, but sometimes the hand embossing is just faster/easier, so thanks for the reminder. The quote marks is a great idea for an embossing folder, too! TFS.
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Post by DogCarbon »

i totally LOVE this idea!
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

I just read your tutorial for hand embossing. Very cool. It's also nice to see another Illustrator user.
Todd
Aimitup2

Post by Aimitup2 »

Thanks guys - would really love one of those cool embossing machines but until I get one I'll do it on my own.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Fiskars have a hand embosser and it's done the same way as what's shown in the tutorial but you buy ready cut sheets of patterns. BUT this is an awesome idea.. You'll be saving me money.. Thank you so much for sharing your idea.. and your project is beautiful..
papasue

Post by papasue »

I love it, I too looked at the tutorial and remembered this is how we always did it before there were "machines".

Nice job.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.