For your help and questions
anniekay67

layering letters

Post by anniekay67 »

I can't figure it out. I need:
NO MERCY
RACING
TEAM
About 12" high, with smaller letters inside it. I can't figure out how to do it. I know it has to do with welding. Any suggestions
papasue

Re: layering letters

Post by papasue »

Hi, a couple of questions. Do you design in SCAL or Inkscape.

I don't understand what you mean by smaller letters inside, can you elaborate a bit?
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
anniekay67

Post by anniekay67 »

I am using scale. I need to have two layers. One on top of the other. With the top one being smaller so you can see the bottom layer. I think I need to weld the bottom letters then I am lost
papasue

Post by papasue »

One more question and then I think I'm ready to do a cheat sheet like a did the other post.

Do you want all three words with their own bottom layer or one bottom layer with the 3 words on top?
Susan E

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
anniekay67

Post by anniekay67 »

One bottom layer. then lay other letters on top of welded bottom
papasue

Post by papasue »

See if this is what you want.

This cuts in two pieces. All the bottom and then the top.

Screen Shot 2013-04-19 at 7.05.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-04-19 at 7.05.58 AM.png (51.19 KiB) Viewed 4376 times
Susan E

eClips2.
anniekay67

Post by anniekay67 »

Looks awesome. But now husband wants it in two lines. NO MERCY then below it RACING TEAM
papasue

Post by papasue »

OK, here is a scut2 file that I did. I made notes in the NOTES in WINDOW/PROJECT NOTES with the steps to do it.
There will only be two layers to cut separately and adhere together. I sure hope that I have remembered SCAL2 enough for this to work for you.

Pick your font and size and get started. You can do this!

I'm not going to be unavailable for 2 weeks, starting tomorrow, so if you have any more questions you'll need to post again or get back to me tonight. I'm in CA so it is a little earlier here.
racingteamPS.png
racingteamPS.png (31.28 KiB) Viewed 4350 times
Instructions for DIY
  • Type your text on two seprate lines
    Move the Racing team up to just cover the bottom edge of No Mercy.

Select ALL Path/Union. This makes on object of the two lines and will cut as one piece.

Select the image and Copy/Paste in Place. Now the copy is ontop exactly above the original and it should be still selected.
    Go to the Appearance Panel on the right hand side of the Mat screen
    Style with show as NORMAL. Change to Shadow/blackout Rounded. You can adjust the size of the shadow to fit your wants.

Now the shadow layer is on top of the image. Object/Arrage/Send to back should do the trick of lowering the mat below the text. Or you can just drag them apart if you are going to cut them separately.
BTW I did you a tut last week for making the image for your Aprons but didn't hear a thing from you. Did that work out?

Good luck.
Attachments
Layer Text.scut2
(190.56 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Susan E

eClips2.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

Papasue, I know this doesn't have anything to do with anything, but you mentioned you are from CA, and so am I. Was just wondering if we were anywhere near each other. I'm in San Diego area.
papasue

Post by papasue »

Luv San Diego..but rooting for the Giants tonight, I live in San Jose..50 miles S of San Francisco.

It would be good to have someone near to play with tho.
Susan E

eClips2.