registration marks

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
melchache

registration marks

Post by melchache »

i have been doing some print to cut,but suddenly when i send my image to print it only prints one registratio9n mark instead of the three i tols it to.does anyone know why this is please? :evil:
papasue

Re: registration marks

Post by papasue »

Hi, the only thing I can think of that might cause this is that your image is too close to the edge of the paper and there is not enough paper space left for the reg marks. Are they the two on the right?

Check that out and try moving your image more in the center of the paper.

let me know how you do.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
melchache

Post by melchache »

hello papasue, yes they are the two marks on the right side,i tried moving the image and i went to cutter and put material size at 11 by 8.5.i don't understand why it happened
papasue

Post by papasue »

I have a terrible time deciding between setting horizontal vs vertical and have to use the laser light to see if where I've put my paper is where it is going to cut. I also can't alway "see" the reg marks as they are too light when they print. I have to go outside or under a bright light to see them and then I use a pen to mark them darker to make lining up the laser beam right in the center.

If you haven't gone to preferences and double checked to ensure that all three are checked then I'm not sure what else to try, did you do a "print/preview before you printed and could see that the whole image appears in the preview? That sometimes get me too.

Let me know what you try and what did and did not work so others can gain for our experience.

If all else fail, the to the CE/ support and fill out the form and someone there will try and figure it out.

Regards
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

I'd try changing the papersize to 12x12 and see if they print. As papasue said, I think it's not printing because of the spacing.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

I had the same thing happen to me on my first print to cut try. I had to shift my images more towards the center (not much) but enough to give a little more margin in the 8.5 x 11 space area. My thoughts were I was too close to the outer edges. Worked fine after I shifted a little.
Sandy in PA