eclips and distress markers by Tim Holtz

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
judyjo
Location: Indiana, Mac v.10.5.8, Inkscapes, Scal v. 2.013, Cricut Expression, Design Studio, eclips, eCAL

eclips and distress markers by Tim Holtz

Post by judyjo »

Has anybody tried using the new Tim Holtz distress markers in the eclips with the special pen holder?
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: eclips and distress markers by Tim Holtz

Post by sstehman »

Not yet, my holder is on it's way. Shipped last week. Wouldn't mind hearing from others what markers/pens they are using and how they like the results.
Sandy in PA
papasue

Post by papasue »

I did a draw/cut tut on my blog using this pen.

The pen I used in the eCcips is from the art store. I liked it because is is permanent (good for water coloring the image without it bleeding) and it fits perfectly into the pen holder that came with my eclips.

Faber-Castell PITT Artist Pen, black fine

See two examples on my Blog here. Both line drawing and a curly font. Works wonderfully.
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com/ ... clips.html

I've tried to find something about Tim Holtz markers but don't see if you need a different holder for them like you do with Cri-Kits pens. Anyone know this answer?
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
judyjo
Location: Indiana, Mac v.10.5.8, Inkscapes, Scal v. 2.013, Cricut Expression, Design Studio, eclips, eCAL

Post by judyjo »

Just received my new Sizzix eClips with eCAL, along with the accessory pen holder for the eClips this afternoon. I haven't done any cutting yet....still getting acquainted with the machine. However I did try drawing with my new Tim Holtz distress markers by Ranger (fine tip end) and I must say they worked VERY WELL. I am very very very happy with the results. Not like regular computer print, but to my taste they are most acceptable. The markers fit in the holder without a problem. I haven't tried any other markers or pens yet. Will keep you all updated as I progress with my learning.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Hope it is going well...and have a FUN weekend! Congrats on your new toy :)
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.