Sizzix not cutting

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
Soulsisterd

Sizzix not cutting

Post by Soulsisterd »

Hello, I have a friend who just recently purchased the Sizzix Eclipse and eCal bundel at Sure Cuts pre my referral. She received and machine and has played with it a few times. However today she went to cut and nothing happened.

She said the machine goes through the motions but does not cut. Any ideas what the problem may be and how she can go about fixing it.

Trying to help a friend.
Thanks a bunch
Blessings SoulSisterD
gj1

Re: Sizzix not cutting

Post by gj1 »

Everyone says CS for sizzix is great...maybe just contact them.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Did she insert the blade in the housing correctly and is the housing seated correctly. I would check that first. Have her check the pressure setting in the software, but also on the housing. Mine so far generally has been at 3 on the housing. Is the mat feeding correctly?

And Sizzix customer support is really good. They WANT to work out any issues. Do it by email. That is how they keep better track and can respond faster. What a refreshing change.
Sandy in PA
bestcee

Post by bestcee »

I agree. Check the blade, and housing. And make sure she tells customer support whether she is cutting with eCal or just the cartridge.
I cut with the Sizzix Eclips and Ecal.
Soulsisterd

Post by Soulsisterd »

Here is he response.
The settings are correct. It was cutting but when I took it off the mat it was only partially cut. I resinserted it the arm moved into position but never dropped into cutting position onto the vinyl. It stayed raised and made the motions of the outline but didnt cut. And she has sent an email to customer service.
Thanks a bunch
Blessings SoulSisterD
MsSharLee

Post by MsSharLee »

Hi, This is Souldsister D's friend ... I joined the forum :D

I emailed Craft Edge last night and I got an email response this morning they provided Sizzix CS information and said I should contact them ... which I did. I spoke to a lady who documented my issue and I'm waiting for a return phone call for the next steps.

I've had the machine for about 2 weeks and its' been cutting fine. I've been enjoying it immensely!!! It was making a whining or squealing noise as it was cutting, then just didn't cut any more as my friend described ... I am praying its an easy fix and I'll be back in business ... :D
jynclr

Post by jynclr »

MsSharLee wrote:Hi, This is Souldsister D's friend ... I joined the forum :D

I emailed Craft Edge last night and I got an email response this morning they provided Sizzix CS information and said I should contact them ... which I did. I spoke to a lady who documented my issue and I'm waiting for a return phone call for the next steps.

I've had the machine for about 2 weeks and its' been cutting fine. I've been enjoying it immensely!!! It was making a whining or squealing noise as it was cutting, then just didn't cut any more as my friend described ... I am praying its an easy fix and I'll be back in business ... :D
Good luck! And report back what the issue was and what the solution they gave you that made it work.
Sizzix eClips
eCal v1.002
Windows 7
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Welcome MsSharlee.....please do let us know the result. The eClips is still fairly new on the market and it helps us all when these odd things turn up so we can help others in the future. I am sure CS will take care of you.
Sandy in PA