Baby Shower

pastda3

Baby Shower

Post by pastda3 »

Hard to believe it's been two years, but these are a few things I made for my neice's baby shower. Her theme was "about to pop," and the color scheme was pink & green. We we gave out mini-microwave popcorn packs as the shower favor. I cut out patterned cardstock and wrapped some ribbon around them. Then I glued the flowers and punched out circles with the shower info on them.

For the buckets, I went to my local KFC and asked if I could purchase some "clean buckets." I painted 10 of them white (took a few coats) and then applied each strip of vinyl to the buckets, which I cut out using SCAL. It was tedious, but not too bad. We had 5 pink and 5 green buckets. We glitterized the cutouts that were attached to the buckets. Her mom did a really nice job of decorating them.

As an aside, this was the first ever diaper cake I made. I also made some ceiling hangings, but I don't have a picture of those. Received a lot of very nice compliments. :D
Resized Cake.jpg
Resized Cake.jpg (53.03 KiB) Viewed 2489 times
about_to_pop1.JPG
about_to_pop1.JPG (51.44 KiB) Viewed 2489 times
Popcorn_favors.JPG
Popcorn_favors.JPG (57.92 KiB) Viewed 2489 times
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
gj1

Re: Baby Shower

Post by gj1 »

You could be hired to do parties, I bet....this is alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll REALLY well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

Thanks gj, but I would go broke. It takes me F.O.R.E.V.E.R. to complete a project. Actually, I'm working on another baby shower which will be in late August. I'm in charge of the favor containers and diaper cake. Only a few items in the shower will be Hello Kitty because the mom-to-be really likes her and the colors will coordinate with the rest of the shower.

After a few attempts, here's the "final" product, but I can't share the file for obvious reasons. I intend to use bigger cello bags and more ribbon to coordinate better with the rest of the stuff. This was just a test cut. I'm also thinking I might stuff some tissue paper in there. We'll see. We're giving some chocolate "turtles" as the candy favors. YUM :D
DSCF2115.JPG
DSCF2115.JPG (81.85 KiB) Viewed 2482 times
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
gj1

Post by gj1 »

This is just precious!!!!!!!! I love love love it!!! My dau really was into HK when she was younger.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Pasta where the heck was this idea when I was doing my daughter in laws baby shower last year.. This would have been PERFECT>.LOL. I totally envy your talent lady.. Keep those ideas coming.. :D
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

Aw shucks you guys. You're too kind! :)

Sweetness - I've seen your work. Who do you think inspired me to do the Mickey & Minnie bucket! :lol: Trust me, I'm not that talented. I'm a copycat. ;) Shhh.
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

omgoodness. love,love,love the popcorn idea.
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro
lkc

Post by lkc »

Beautiful Job!!
What a memorable shower! Great pics!

TFS!