Help Converting Hand for VBS craft!!

General discussion about Inkscape
MommaJamma

Help Converting Hand for VBS craft!!

Post by MommaJamma »

I am trying to cut the hand file attached below for a craft project I am working on for our VBS. It cuts with an outline around the image. I have tried several things in inkscape to get it to work, but haven't had any luck!! If someone could "FIX" it for me, that would be GREAT, however I do want to know how it was done, because I have been working on it for hours and it has driven me CRAZY!! I have SCAL 2.0. PS I would also like to have a straight line on the bottom of the hand, so it will have a complete cut!!

THANKS
Attachments
Hand.gif
Hand.gif (17.78 KiB) Viewed 2415 times
lkc

Re: Help Converting Hand for VBS craft!!

Post by lkc »

Is this what you need? Just a silhouette?
hand.png
hand.png (8.82 KiB) Viewed 2410 times
hand.svg
(4.06 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
MommaJamma

Post by MommaJamma »

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! God is GOOD!!! I went to bed all frustrated and woke up and there was a perfect hand!! I HAVE to know how you done it though!!

THANKS AGAIN!!
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

If it's cutting as an outline it's more than likely because it's a layer image.. To solve this just go use object/breakapart.. or you could even use the paintbucket feature down the left hand side of your image click on that image and fill it in with a color and delete your original image...
lkc

Post by lkc »

MommaJamma wrote:THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! God is GOOD!!! I went to bed all frustrated and woke up and there was a perfect hand!! I HAVE to know how you done it though!!

THANKS AGAIN!!
:oops: I cheated!

This image was poor to use trace in inkscape so I find it much faster to use the drawing tool and trace over the image and edit my nodes to match as closely as I can...glad I could help! :D