Downloading Inkscape 0.47-3

General discussion about Inkscape
Awesome Cartoons

Downloading Inkscape 0.47-3

Post by Awesome Cartoons »

I am trying to download the newest version of Inkscape and it is now going on 12 hours. I let it run overnight. This does not sound right, but before I kill it, I would like to know if this is normal. I originally had 0.46 and thought it was upgrade was really slow because I still had the older version so I removed it. Could someone please let me know if I should stop this download and begin again. If so, where should I be downloading from?

Thanks
sandyj

Re: Downloading Inkscape 0.47-3

Post by sandyj »

I would say it has gone on way too long. I downloaded it in less than a minute, but have a wireless modem. What kind of internet connection do you have?
Awesome Cartoons

Post by Awesome Cartoons »

I have high speed wireless. I don't know what's going on. I am now on my 3rd try.
lindamac
Location: Arizona-SCAL1, SCAL2,SCAL3 Inkscape,Silhouette Cameo

Post by lindamac »

What site are you downloading it from? Maybe that's the issue. Penny Duncan had a download on her site for Ink 47
Jayne

Post by Jayne »

Where is Penny Duncans site please
Deloris

Post by Deloris »

Jayne wrote:Where is Penny Duncans site please
http://pennyduncancreations.blogspot.com/
quinn03

Post by quinn03 »

Awesome Cartoons wrote:I am trying to download the newest version of Inkscape and it is now going on 12 hours. I let it run overnight. This does not sound right, but before I kill it, I would like to know if this is normal. I originally had 0.46 and thought it was upgrade was really slow because I still had the older version so I removed it. Could someone please let me know if I should stop this download and begin again. If so, where should I be downloading from?

Thanks
I just downloaded Inkscape 0.47, I did it using the www.inkscape.org site. It took all of 10 minutes if that. And it took off the old version of 0.46 Inkscape. Hope this helps
papasue

Post by papasue »

Hi, which OS are you using? There are alternate sites to download Inkscape.

I have a Mac and it take about 2 minutes to download.

If you will please define your system than someone who has a similar one can provide you guidance.

See this post on how to add your system usage to appear on your posts. It will help get you answers alot sooner and more relative to your needs.

http://forums.surecutsalot.com/viewtopi ... =6&t=13088
Awesome Cartoons wrote:I am trying to download the newest version of Inkscape and it is now going on 12 hours. I let it run overnight. This does not sound right, but before I kill it, I would like to know if this is normal. I originally had 0.46 and thought it was upgrade was really slow because I still had the older version so I removed it. Could someone please let me know if I should stop this download and begin again. If so, where should I be downloading from?

Thanks
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.