I am beginning to HATE SCAL!!!! HELP!

For your help and questions
southernbellescrap

I am beginning to HATE SCAL!!!! HELP!

Post by southernbellescrap »

Help me! I got SCAL2 this past August and have loved it almost every minute, until now! This new update sucks! It has done nothing but mess up all day on me! I am trying to import the following svg:

http://imagesbyheatherm.wordpress.com/2 ... angle-svg/

I saved this to my desktop, unzipped, and stored it in my 'shaped papers' folder for SCAL. When I go to 'import' or click on the 'svg' icon on the screen and go to either of the above files, the SCAL2 just completely disappears off of my screen! I've tried over 5 times and it just goes out. Also, I've been working with other shapes and it won't shadow them right. I am getting so frustrated!

Any help or insight on why this is happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
southernbellescrap

Re: I am beginning to HATE SCAL!!!! HELP!

Well, I fixed it, sort of. I brought up the file in Inkscape and resaved it under a different name. It now works, but the point is I should not have to go through all this crap to pull up a file! Ugh!!!! Sorry to vent! Frustrated here today!
wvcathy

Post by wvcathy »

Is this the newest update 2.011 that you are having issues with today or the 2.010 ??

WVCathy
Barbara-UK

Post by Barbara-UK »

I agree - this update does suck!!! Have had no real problems with SCAL up to now but since installing the update this morning the program now tells me that cutting has completed - when it hasn't even started - and it has crashed on me several times! Fed up with messing with it at the moment.....and it is very irritating when I haven't had problems like this before!! :)
Vista, SCAL2
southernbellescrap

It is the 2.011. I updated this morning. It has stalled on me 3 times in 2 hrs.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Did you get rid of the gradient when you saved it? I couldn't import them into 2.011 either, and the only thing that I could think of that was different about those files from the other files that I tried today was the gradient. It worked for me after I changed to a solid fill, no gradient. :?:
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

It is very frustrating.. I hope this problem is solved soon. I'm sure they'll be bogged down with emails...
pennsylvaniakate

Post by pennsylvaniakate »

When SCAL 2 first came out, it crashed on me, too. There was an update within a few days that fixed it, so hopefully that will be the case this time. The only thing I found that helped was saving my project right away. Once it was saved as something, it would no longer crash.
wvcathy

Post by wvcathy »

Boy - it has to be just a coincidence but - I have the original version I purchased in Nov think 2.003 - but tonight I had a 2 page design - I cut out page 1 no problem - went to page 2 and it when thru all the steps then said cutting complete and it NEVER started - I tried several times same thing -unplug usb cords - shut down cricut finally after shutting down SCAL a couple of times it finally cut... and I have not done any of the updates ... strange things ... this has never happened to me before...

wvcathy