How do you remember what SVG files you have?

For your help and questions
Scrapper007

Post by Scrapper007 »

What I mean is, aside from keeping them organized in files, do you print out the images so that you can remember what you have? I have only had SCAL for two weeks and I love collecting SVG files...but I am also overwhelmed with what I have so far. I was thinking of printing out each image and keeping them in a small binder. What do you do?
Kim
Mom of three girls (15,10,7) and two very spoiled mutts; part-time substitute teacher; 3-year breast cancer survivor

My Scrapbook Layouts
TeriD

Re: How do you remember what SVG files you have?

Post by TeriD »

I have all mine in separate folders in one folder with a pic of of each svg. So I have a folder on my desktop labeled cricut files and inside that folder I have scrolls in one folder with pics and borders in another with pics and so on. That seams to work for me.
gregevacall

Post by gregevacall »

same here.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

I do as well..
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

I don't! LOL

I have people PM me about artworks I have made and I go back and look at them and I don't even remember making some of them.
Todd
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Very very unorganized Todd..LOL
AnointedHands

Post by AnointedHands »

I don't remember either. I have created alpha folders and give the files a very descriptive name that I will remember. When I save someone's else's work, I usually change the file name to a descriptive name also. Ex., Spongebob would be in the S subfolder in my SCAL (main folder)

Althea
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
Smelly

Post by Smelly »

ahh all very good ideas.
Kelly
Kathya

Post by Kathya »

I actually created a main SCAL folder and within that folder, I created sub folders and named them as such: Holiday - Valentine, Holiday - Christmas; Holiday - Easter, Animals, Flourishes, Boxes-Bags-Tags, etc.

When I want to actually see my SVG files, I just open SCAL and then click on the import SVG icon and go to my folder and then I can see all of them as visuals...does someone have a better solution?

I have Windows 7 and so far, I've not found any software that will allow me to view my SVG files in Windows Explorer. I tried the Adobe site, but it doesn't work for some reason...

Ciao for now!

Kathya
stargazer20

Post by stargazer20 »

yeah I am very unorganized as well.. and I found that some of the things I'm downloading have different pieces and throwing them all in one folder isn't really working anymore because now I don't know what goes with what! I should really devote a night to just organizing my svgs... this way I might actually get more cutting done.. haha
Jodi