SCAL help

For your help and questions
ladybugg222

SCAL help

Post by ladybugg222 »

I have the SCAL 2.31 version.. I just started to use it and ran into a problem.. when I send letters to the cricut it goes to the right corner and starts cutting down the right hand side of the page. I tried to use a smaller sheet today.. I put the paper on mat.. loaded it.,, went to the right corner and did the set paper size.. everytime it goes back to the right corner to start cutting where theres no paper. Is there a update to this version that I need to download to make this work.. or any updates that I need to download for my version. If I just use the cricut it cuts fine.. just when I load from the SCAL :cry:
Help
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Re: SCAL help

Post by DogCarbon »

There is a new version of SCAL. Send an email to support and they can help you get the lastest updates to version 2.

the next problem you see to have is placeing the paper on the mat correctly. You do not use the set paper size on the cricut. The "virtual mat" you see on your screen has an arrow. That arrow match the mat you have in your hands. Where ever you place the image on the virtual mat, is where you want to place the paper so it will cut in the right location.

the only thing is the image MUST be inside the dotted lines of the virtual mat, in other words, the image must be more than 0.25 inches from the edge.

If you highlight the image to be cut, and go to the dialogue box on the right hand side, you can set the X location to 0.26 and the Y location to 0.26 and your image will be at the most upper hand corner.... and will "save" the most paper, IMO.
balletcostumemom

Post by balletcostumemom »

When you look at your SCAL grid, where is your arrow versus the way you put your mat in the Cricut? You can change the array of your mat in SCAL to fit the way you put it in your Cricut.
Windows XP, SCAL 2.102, Inkscape 0.47
ladybugg222

Post by ladybugg222 »

Thats what I think I am doing wrong. the arrow on my virtual mat is on the botton right and on my cricut mat its on the bottom left.. how can I change it?
ladybugg

Post by ladybugg »

The problem I have is that the triangles on the virtual mat on my screen and the cricut mat do not match.. the cricut mat has the triangle in the left corner. and on my virtual screen its in the right corner.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Just remember that the arrow on the virtual mat is the edge that loads first into your machine. You really should mix up how you load your actual mats when you cut anyway since it makes them last a little longer.

You can change your virtual mat orientation. Landscape has the arrow (loading edge) on the left and Portrait has it on the top. YOu can do this in the Document Properties window when nothing is selected on your virtual mat. HTH
Attachments
scal doc properties.PNG
scal doc properties.PNG (11.92 KiB) Viewed 3970 times