Help with creatig a Gift Card

For your help and questions
Friend

Help with creatig a Gift Card

Post by Friend »

I have attached a sample of the card I am trying to make, I am so very new at this so please excuse me if I use the wrong terms. I am trying to make the card so that the letters remain but the space around them are cut out. I have viewed the tutorial "making a frame and welding a letter or number to it" but keep doing something wrong, any help would be sincerely appreciated. thank you Judy
Attachments
Emma Birthday Card.scut2
(89.61 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Re: Help with creatig a Gift Card

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Is this what you want???
Friend

Post by Friend »

Hi JO-ANNEB,

This is exactly what I was trying to do! I have read many of your posts and learned so much. Would I be correct in thinking I was welding the pieces improperly? I received a Cricut Expressions for Christmas but was limited on the number of cartridges I could purchase when I came across SCAL... I have had this program for a month and I don't regret a single moment buying it... I have also downloaded Inkscape and have been reading many tutorials! (giggles)... thank you so much for taking the time to help ... Judy
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

If you did this right in SCAL use the union option... What I did was left your letters overlapped the way you had them and then used path/union.. I removed the square that you had as you didn't need it.. Just use back minus front option..
hkvalerio
Location: { Cali } Windows XP, Inkscape .48, SCAL2, Microsoft Digital Image Pro

Post by hkvalerio »

Sweetness4713 wrote:If you did this right in SCAL use the union option... What I did was left your letters overlapped the way you had them and then used path/union.. I removed the square that you had as you didn't need it.. Just use back minus front option..
You make it sound so easy! I always have to play around with it forever to figure out which option to use to get the ideas in my head to work. :)
Heather