Silhouettes of Letters

Share your favorite fonts to use in Sure Cuts A Lot
teach4me

Silhouettes of Letters

Post by teach4me »

I am trying to figure out how to cut the silhouette of letters (using the lower case "Varsity" font), but can't seem to figure it out. Can someone please give me some insight on how to do this using the Sure Cuts a Lot program?
firstcut

Re: Silhouettes of Letters

Post by firstcut »

Don't know what you mean by the silhouette of letters. Try selecting the letters and choosing different options for style under the appearance palette. You will find shadow and shadow blackout and can adjust the numerical value to get different widths. If that's not what you mean post a sketch or something and we will try to help you.
teach4me

Post by teach4me »

Hi! Thanks for your response. I am wanting to print just an outline of the letter with the middle missing. I know I am not explaining it very well, so I am posting a pic of what I am wanting with an arrow pointing toward it. I appreciate any help.
Attachments
Doc1-1.jpg
Doc1-1.jpg (46.14 KiB) Viewed 4083 times
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

Ok, these are normally called outline fonts, but Cricut always has goofy terminology. I use Collegiate which is similar to varsity and it has lots of options
http://www.dafont.com/sf-collegiate.font

or this one is an outline font that is somewhat similar
http://www.dafont.com/fm-college-team.font
ohjenny

Post by ohjenny »

I think you just want an outline, with the solid black part part of your font missing? If this is the case, you can do this with pretty much all the fonts installed on your computer. If you're using Inkscape, with your text highlighted, go to Object>fill and stroke - and in the menu at the right, select the X'd out box for your fill, and whatever color you want your outline to be for the stroke. In Illustrator, it's Type>create outlines then select none for your fill, and whatever color you want for your outline in the menu on the left. Here's a sample:

HTH!!
teach4me

Post by teach4me »

ohjenny,

Sorry it has taken me so long to thank you for your help. That was exactly what I was trying to do. Thanks for helping me out. :)
Rosie0530

Post by Rosie0530 »

Ohjenny,
I learn stuff here all of the time. Thanks! Rosie

A-M

Post by A-M »

I want to add my thanks to Ohjenny.... great instructions.