Help!!

Share your SVG files for importing into Sure Cuts A Lot
scrappinginTO

Help!!

Post by scrappinginTO »

I'm having problem with this SVG file. I'm able to cut out all the letters (L, V, E) except the letter "O". For the letter "O" I'm only able to cut out the border and not the cupid inside. Can anyone help me. Thank you in advance.
AimitupCupidChallenge.svg
(30.17 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
papasue

Re: Help!!

Post by papasue »

HI, that's one of Amy's files. The square with the cupid has gotten grouped somehow. I suggest you go to Amy's blog and ask her to help. she may even show up here tonight or tomorrow.

Her email is posted on her blog
http://aimitup.blogspot.com/
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
scrappinginTO

Post by scrappinginTO »

Hi, I did contact Amy but I didn't get a reply back regrading this file. I was hoping someone could help me since I'm doing a scrapbook page for a wedding album.
Judy*

Post by Judy* »

Amy is on here regularly. She will get back to you.
Aimitup2

Post by Aimitup2 »

Hi there - sorry I have not been around and did not respond sooner - I've been sick. I have cut the SVG and it works for me. Maybe try to redownload it - maybe the file got corrupt somehow.
I am going to try and recut it tonite - if I can get enough energy!
Amy

here is the original post: http://aimitup.blogspot.com/2010/01/cup ... lenge.html
scrappinginTO

Post by scrappinginTO »

Hi Amy:
Sorry to hear that you haven't been well lately. Hope you recover soon. I did redownload it from your site and it still doesn't cut the letter"O" with the cupid inside. Also you had sent me the file via e-mail and that file also doesn't cut the letter "O".
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

definately something wrong with the o. Looks to me as if there are double images of the cupid with arrow and one of the images isn't to path. If you import it into SCAL and choose the mag glass it show imcomplete image of the cupid.
Grammy

re:
Opened up again in inkscape and there are multi groups and if you ungroup enough there are bits and pieces of the cupid that shows to be extra. This is one I can't figure out why the O wont cut.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

scrappinginTO wrote:Hi Amy:
Sorry to hear that you haven't been well lately. Hope you recover soon. I did redownload it from your site and it still doesn't cut the letter"O" with the cupid inside. Also you had sent me the file via e-mail and that file also doesn't cut the letter "O".
Did you try cutting it, or are you using Preview All? If you use just the Preview (single page with magnifier) it shows that everything will cut. Grammy is right, there are some stacked shapes, and that will also show false gray lines in SCAL1, but they should cut, they'll just cut twice.

BTW Preview All is not a good indicator of what will actually cut if there are inside lines. If you have svg or scut files that were made without Path/Difference or Path/Exclusion they will show as solid when in fact they might have inner cuts.
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

Opened again in Inkscape and ungrouped then removed the invisiable extra lines and saved it again. Although I haven't cut it the lines look good. There were several several objects that didn't show up till I drew around them and colored them in black.
Correct on the programs, I only run on SCAL 1. and Inkscape .46. Seems to work better for me.
scrappinginTO

Post by scrappinginTO »

I'm a newbie with SCAL and I haven't master using Inkscape so I'm not sure how to ungroup the extra lines. I did cut the file 3 times and each time the "O" didn't cut.