scal 2 freezing??

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Sure Cuts A Lot
lesliefolks

scal 2 freezing??

Post by lesliefolks »

I just got scal 2 but for the last hr which I have had it just freezes..Im trying to play and figure it all out but cant because it just freezes up...I went to scal2 to see if i needed to change something but its 18 pages of price issues.
anyone else had this issue or a solution for it? thanks!!!
lesliefolks

Re: scal 2 freezing??

Post by lesliefolks »

Nobody else having this issue?? Tried again tonight save my windows put first svg in move it and it shuts it self down so have to restart..move all my windows again put in svg and closes! guess must be something im doing if this isnt happening to anyone else! Anyone have any idea on maybe what im doing wrong causing this to happen?? thanks!!!
jasenj1
Location: Newport News, VA, USA; SCAL 2.044-Expression; SCAL 3-Cameo; Mac; Inkscape 0.48; GIMP 2.6

Post by jasenj1 »

We just got SCAL 2.005 Sunday. Tonight we used it pretty heavily with no problems. We are running Windows XP SP3. I suggest making sure your Windows is completely up to date.

- Jasen.
lesliefolks

Post by lesliefolks »

THANKS!! Ill give that a try..yeah messing with it now and still doing it!! I will try updating my laptop!! eekk!! yes I have windows vista.. thanks so much ill see what I can do!!
jasenj1
Location: Newport News, VA, USA; SCAL 2.044-Expression; SCAL 3-Cameo; Mac; Inkscape 0.48; GIMP 2.6

Post by jasenj1 »

Check the "Bugs" forum. I believe people have been reporting problems with Vista. I'm not a Vista user, but I think people are setting a Windows XP mode of some sort.

- Jasen.
kaesmom

Post by kaesmom »

The only time it's been freezing for me is if I'm moving/resizing something and I hold the mouse button down while trying to decide where to do it. It's like the system doesn't like my hesitation. So i've learned to click, drag, and drop. No hesitations AT ALL.

It also doesn't like it if you cut something, then delete part of the image/word and try to cut again. It wont cut. So now I just click File, New and start over. Tedious, but it's not like I'm doing really intricate patterns - 99.9% of the stuff I cut is titles for scrapbook layouts.

Oh, and I'm running 2.004 (I think - whatever it was before this most recent update) on Vista.
cmargm

Post by cmargm »

I have had the same problem many times, even with the older versions. If you move the image too quickly it also freezes. I am using VISTA also so maybe if I change to XP. Whenever I try to do this though, it thinks that I am a new owner and asks for registration, etc.
lesliefolks

Post by lesliefolks »

THANKS Jasen and Kaesmom off to check out the bugs section.. yeah it seems to be like you said when I go to move something..trying the xp thing but then yeah it wants my registration and everything all over...THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR HELP!!
itzdonna

Post by itzdonna »

I had the same problem when I was typing in text. I think it is because I had way too many fonts installed (1000 +) so it was just too much to look through. I went through and deleted some of the fonts that weren't used often and it has been running much better. Good luck!
Shimmybean

Post by Shimmybean »

I was having the same problem last night and I was so frustrated! It ended up being my svg file...I eventually tried to open and cut a different file and it gave me no problems. I don't know what is wrong with the file i was using. Even when I traced it through SCAL it didn't cut right.