Free SVG Blog: link and questions

Share your SVG files for importing into Sure Cuts A Lot
Erryl

Free SVG Blog: link and questions

Post by Erryl »

So i started a free svg blog but I don't get many comments. It's at: http://freesvgs.blogspot.com

Does anyone have suggestions on what kind of svgs I should make to draw more people? I've just been sharing the ones I hve made for myself. I know my style is a little different... My traffic thing shows downloads... What do you think I can make for people to want to leave comments and stuff? Or it is just silly to want people to comment?

I guess i feel like I'm wasting my time. If people don't appreciate it then I'll just keep them to myself. KWIM? Maybe it's silly...Any advice wanted.
sunnyNP

Re: Free SVG Blog: link and questions

Post by sunnyNP »

I,for one, love your designs, but admit I haven't left any comments either. On other Blogs, there is usually an introduction which includes something to the effect of "please leave feedback" if designs are downloaded. May this would encourage the feedback you were looking for?
I hope you don't stop sharing your files, because your designs are amazing! I'll leave a note everytime I visit from now on..... :D Keep up the great work!
wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

Erryl wrote:So i started a free svg blog but I don't get many comments. It's at: http://freesvgs.blogspot.com

Does anyone have suggestions on what kind of svgs I should make to draw more people? I've just been sharing the ones I hve made for myself. I know my style is a little different... My traffic thing shows downloads... What do you think I can make for people to want to leave comments and stuff? Or it is just silly to want people to comment?

I guess i feel like I'm wasting my time. If people don't appreciate it then I'll just keep them to myself. KWIM? Maybe it's silly...Any advice wanted.
I thought you had comments on quite a few files. I tend not to go to blogs because there are so many of them and people share such great files here. If nobody were to post anything here, I would then search the blogs for files I like. Your files are great and I appreciate that you have posted what you have.

As far as advice, your blog is still new. I think you have generated quite a few comments based on it being new. Of the few comments I read, people seem to appreciate your files. I'm not a big commenter when I do go to blogs, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate what's there. As you upload more and more files, your blog will become more popular. The more frequently you make changes to your blog, the more likely a search will show it near the top of the results list. I wouldn't give up; your blog is new and seems to have a fair amount of traffic. If the blog costs you money and you don't earn revenue from it, you have to evaluate how much enjoyment you get out of having it versus not having it all. I would investigate your mete tags and see that you have words that would likely be used by people who might search for a bog like yours. Read up on search optimization for how to get your page rated higher in search results. (That'll keep you busy!)
mythreesons

Post by mythreesons »

I have tried several times to leave comments and for some reason I cannot. Maybe others are experiencing the same thing.
lindamac
Location: Arizona-SCAL1, SCAL2,SCAL3 Inkscape,Silhouette Cameo

Post by lindamac »

I just left you a note on the dandylion. I really love it. More of those types of flowers would be my choice. Great job! Thanks for sharing.
Erryl

Post by Erryl »

Thanks everyone! I guess it is pretty new. I'm just used to my other blog where I get comments pretty quickly after a post. I"m spoiled. LOL! Maybe it would help if I asked for comments. I just want to feel like I"m not wasting my time. KWIM? I'll try to stop caring abotu comments and just keep posting until it's been around a little longer.

I didn't know anyone was having problems posting, it's probably something I did to the code. I"ll have to go look at it. I mess with code so much... Thanks everyone for the ideas, comments and help. You rock. :)
lesliefolks

Post by lesliefolks »

eyrrl,
i go to your site several times a week to see what you have done!! i love your work!! i post as anon cuz i cant ever remember my password its like one of those must be caps,#'s and strange stuff i cant remember...so ill add my name after my post from now on!
thanks for sharing!!!!
kelsie94

Post by kelsie94 »

Maybe it's just me, but whenever I click on the download link I just get a pic of the item.
jsnstarprncss

Post by jsnstarprncss »

I've been overwhelmed at the number of blogs people have. BUT I found an easier way to keep track of everything on google reader. (just go to google.com/reader) you can add a "subscription" to blogs. This way I can follow along and then leave comments and get files. Right now I follow 10 blogs. The reader doesn't send you emails so your inbox isn't flooded with daily or hourly emails and you can follow at your leisure.

As for comments...I don't know what to tell you there. I have a personal blog and I see people visiting it, but they never leave comments (like mainly my family).
~Ashley
Psalm 113:3 Creations
zellko

Post by zellko »

Please be encouraged, I visit your site almost everyday. I try to leave a note of thanks, but sometimes I'm too anxious to get cutting. Your site is so professional looking, I assumed you'd been at it for awhile. I love, love, love your logo tree. Thank you and PLEASE, pretty please don't become discouraged. Very few people are aware of SCAL yet. Even here in the metropolitan area, I've amazed all my scrapping friends, even those that have owend Cricuts for years. They think I'm crazy when I tell them I can cut anything without a cart. Lois Zell