For your help and questions
lovemypaper

Post by lovemypaper »

Just want to say hello from Calif, Found your M/B and was thinking about buying scal so I am just looking around to find out thing about the program.
Tingha Treasures

Re: Newbie

Post by Tingha Treasures »

Hello from Australia youve come to the right place, welcome :D
Christine
Gardenwife

Post by Gardenwife »

Hello from Ohio. I'm in the same boat, considering SCA. I'm getting a Cricut Expressions in the next month or so and want to get everything I can out of it. This looks like the way to do just that.
lovemypaper wrote:Just want to say hello from Calif, Found your M/B and was thinking about buying scal so I am just looking around to find out thing about the program.
That's not cat hair; those are embellishments.
Gardenwife's Plot
Jiminy Cricut - Considering selling this domain name. Not sure what I want to do with it!
lindamac
Location: Arizona-SCAL1, SCAL2,SCAL3 Inkscape,Silhouette Cameo

Post by lindamac »

Stop considering and just do it. You will never regret it. I haven't bought a Cricut cartridge since buying SCAL. Also download Inkscape and learn to use it to make your own cut files to use in SCAL. Once you get the basics down, it is easy. There are some great tuts on Inkscape and this forum is very helpful in SCAL. Everyone on this board is more than happy to help if you have a problem. One thing I like about the SCAL forum is people concentrate on SCAL issues and don't air their dirty laundry like they do on the Cricut forum.
Gardenwife

Post by Gardenwife »

Well, I definitely want the Cricut, but am waiting to see what sales our local scrapbook store has on it. I really want to support this store since they've been so good to all of us customers. They're downsizing their big store and moving into a small unit in the same strip, plus opening another small store in a town about 45 minutes away that has no scrapbook store. All of us are just thankful they aren't closing, but trying to do something proactive so they don't become another statistic.

So...I am waiting to see what kinds of sales they'll have at their new store's grand opening on Saturday. A couple Sundays ago, while a Cricut demonstrator was in the store, they offered 40% off all Cricut machines and cartridges! Aaaargh! That would have made them cheaper than Michael's or Hobby Lobby because they don't accept coupons for Cricut stuff. :shock: I hadn't talked to DH at that point, so there was no way.

Oh, sure, now he said I can go ahead and get as my Christmas present -- but he wants me to try to get a deal like that and still support the store. Crossing my fingers!

I am a computer geek and am always downloading and trying out new graphics programs, so Inkskape sounds like a lot of fun along with SCA!
That's not cat hair; those are embellishments.
Gardenwife's Plot
Jiminy Cricut - Considering selling this domain name. Not sure what I want to do with it!
NurseMel

Post by NurseMel »

Welcome Lovemypaper and Gardenwife. Tis a great MB to learn new things and a great sharing place for items.

Gardenwife, good luck with getting your Cricut and nice to hear about your LSS. So many are closing down here too. Maybe mention to them that you really want one and want to support them, and see if they can price match? Always worth a try.

Have fun, and SCAL is an awesome program!!

Mel
creid

Post by creid »

Welcome! I'm a newbie too!!
Proud Mom of 3
wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

Gardenwife, if you decide not to wait for a deal with your local store, you might check out eBay - you can get some pretty good deals there for a Cricut machine. I got an e-machine there for $210. Unfortunately, that person charged a ton for shipping - $10 higher than what everyone else seems to charge, so you kind of need to look at that. I would also ask how items are shipped. My machine came in the original e-machine box. For the amount of shipping, I expected it to be inside another box with lots of padding. The machine seems to be ok, but I would ask about packaging. Still, you can get some deals.
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

Welcome everyone. Cricut+SCAL is the best combo ever! The people on this board are so nice and helpful. Inkscape can be a little daunting at first, but there are so many great tutorials and once you get the hang of it, sky's the limit. Have fun.
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
Marly

Post by Marly »