Application Failed to Initialize. Error 2553

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
jynclr

Application Failed to Initialize. Error 2553

Post by jynclr »

I was working in eCal last night. Something must have happened with my computer last night as I found it had rebooted when I got up this morning.

I am trying to run eCAl to continue on a project but I keep getting an error window with "The application failed to initialize. Error 2553." The only button available is an "OK" button. When I click that, the program does NOT start, but simply exits.

I have searched the forums but have found no posts with those messages. What is happening? Do I have to reinstall the program? Is there a way I can call CE to get this fixed so I won't have to wait for responses?
Sizzix eClips
eCal v1.002
Windows 7
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: Application Failed to Initialize. Error 2553

Post by sstehman »

I would shut down and restart the computer first. If it still doesn't work, you should be able to quickly do a re-install. Try that first.
Sandy in PA
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

jynclr wrote:I was working in eCal last night. Something must have happened with my computer last night as I found it had rebooted when I got up this morning.

I am trying to run eCAl to continue on a project but I keep getting an error window with "The application failed to initialize. Error 2553." The only button available is an "OK" button. When I click that, the program does NOT start, but simply exits.

I have searched the forums but have found no posts with those messages. What is happening? Do I have to reinstall the program? Is there a way I can call CE to get this fixed so I won't have to wait for responses?
I googled your error message and there is info out there on this. Something about service pks. To be safe though I would do lots of research on this as well as contacting Craft edge. Sorry this happened to you.
jynclr

Post by jynclr »

sstehman wrote:I would shut down and restart the computer first. If it still doesn't work, you should be able to quickly do a re-install. Try that first.
I've already tried that. It was the first thing I did.

My concern with reinstalling is that I've already registered the software once that if I registered again it would be considered my "second" one I can use.
Sizzix eClips
eCal v1.002
Windows 7
jynclr

Post by jynclr »

GrammyKrausse wrote:
jynclr wrote:I was working in eCal last night. Something must have happened with my computer last night as I found it had rebooted when I got up this morning.

I googled your error message and there is info out there on this. Something about service pks. To be safe though I would do lots of research on this as well as contacting Craft edge. Sorry this happened to you.
I think this has to do with my having a problem with accessing a local network drive here at home. I'm going to start working on that issue and see if it resolves it. I'm also having this problem with other programs so I think it's because of that.
Sizzix eClips
eCal v1.002
Windows 7
papasue

Post by papasue »

My guess would be that whatever caused the computer to reboot overnight has something to do with the computer OS not the software. I'd run diagnostics on the computer before looking at eCAL.

Just a thougt.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

If you have your OS set to do automatic updates, it will do the updates and then reboot. You can either disable this feature or make sure you always save and close your programs.
Sandy in PA
jynclr

Post by jynclr »

Yeah, I know about the auto-updates and rebooting. I thought maybe it was because of something having to do with the auto-updates. As I looked around, I was having other issues with other programs being unable to start.

I'm a software developer and so I build my own computers, so I am my own tech support. :shock: To be honest, I have NO IDEA what happened. My beau thinks it was some malware.

Since rebuilding and re-installing the OS and all my development / gaming programs is a darn near regular occurrence, I went ahead and rebuilt my system. The problem I was having was that while I could access the Internet, for some reason my computer could not access the network here in the house. (We use domains like what you would find at work.) This was causing issues for other programs (not just eCal) also. I've done a search for this issue but could not find a solution that would work for my computer. Since this is a re-install of the OS, I obviously had to re-install eCal. I can run it fine now. Now to do some more of my test cuts. :)

Thank you for your help, folks. When I first posted I thought it was only eCal. Further investigation found it to be a problem at the computer level.

I now have a fresh and clean install of the OS and eCal. Sometimes you just gotta start all over. Now off to get my other software installed.
Sizzix eClips
eCal v1.002
Windows 7