Hanging 3d Balloon Mobile

lkc

Hanging 3d Balloon Mobile

Post by lkc »

Recent projects...

Balloon files here in case you've missed it...
jrichards

Re: Hanging 3d Balloon Mobile

Post by jrichards »

Adorable.can see these done in Christmas colors and decorated for the season! Great idea.
Thanks,
Jan
papasue

Post by papasue »

In some past crafty life I did a lot of mobiles....I love them. This is a great idea and I might get motivated again to make some.

Thanks for the inspiration!
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Ohhh very very nice laura...
lkc

Post by lkc »

Thanks ladies! Didn't want you to think I was slacking...just making lots of balloons lately!
papasue

Post by papasue »

Hi Laura,

I got inspired to download the balloons thinking my GrandChildren would like to make them as a craft project "TODAY but there are no score linkes for the 3d effect. I'm totally hopeless when it comes to these, no spatial talent.

Do you have a diagram of where to "cut" and how many so that the balloon images fit together. I know this is probably a DUH but I've never been shy about what I don't know. :D

Thanks.
Susan E

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
lkc

Post by lkc »

If the paper is thin enough I just fold it in half. If I'm using heavier cardstock, I use a lighter weight piece as a template to help me see where to score or I line it up on my cutting mat.I gently fold the top to get it out of the way with a little crease but usually I need to match up the bottom first.

I use six segments whether its on the wall or hanging though five doesn't look bad. And I've found using rubber cement gives me a little more wiggle room for lining up the segments but sometimes I may still have to do a little trimming at the bottom or around the balloon part but the design is usually generally forgiving.

Hope that helps! :D
papasue

Post by papasue »

Duh, I finally figured out that you do not cut and slide them together, but glue them.

Here's a tutorial I found for them.
http://brownaccents.blogspot.com/2010/1 ... obile.html

Thanks Laura for the extra assembly tips, I'll see if I can get them cut this morning, whilst making our Turkey dinner. Yes we do Thanksgiving on Friday....gives our children time to have TKgiving with the in-laws.
Susan E

eClips2.
lkc

Post by lkc »

That's a helpful tutorial, too...thanks for sharing!
scrappindeb

Post by scrappindeb »

Thanks Laura for sharing! Just in time for me to get it made before a new grandchild, well, actually not til May but time flies! These are beautiful! ;)
Scrappindeb

Have SCAL 2.044, Cricut Expression