I made these today

Share your designs and layouts created with Sure Cuts A Lot
rosalie1965

I made these today

Post by rosalie1965 »

I found this great site with clipart, al WMF. Imported it in inkscape and made a pattern and cut it with SCAL. I can not share the pattern because I think it is copyright.
greetings José
Attachments
hertje.jpg
hertje.jpg (30.58 KiB) Viewed 6122 times
rosalie1965

Re: I made these today

Post by rosalie1965 »

http://vector-cartoons.com/

Hier you can find this clipart.
José
NELS

Post by NELS »

Jose... Thanks for sharing.. You did a great job on layering.. I hope to learn inkscape so I can do that.. I am still learning.. I scanned a drawing and was able to get it in inkscape and traced it in black in Inkscape. My original drawing was in green. Then when I thought I had it successfully saved to use in SCAL I couldn't find it. Every time I go into Inkscape all I can find is the original drawing but when I go through the steps and try to trace it again I have lost the image (just have blank where the image is supposed to be copied, I had a red x one time and I think that is where I lost my trace outlined image). It is frustrating and I guess I need to start over again.. I am sorry this is so long... just need to vent or cry on somebodies shoulder. :cry: and you were the unlucky one... :oops:
Kristen in MO

Post by Kristen in MO »

Which file did you download into Inkscape, there are several to choose from. Thanks!
soldiersfamily

Post by soldiersfamily »

WOW did I mention WOW that is soooo sweet!! Love it
kkrewtea

Post by kkrewtea »

WOWZA!!!!

Shirl
mm2239

Post by mm2239 »

rosalie1965 wrote:I found this great site with clipart, al WMF. Imported it in inkscape and made a pattern and cut it with SCAL. I can not share the pattern because I think it is copyright.
greetings José

Question Jose,

If I import the .wmf file into Inkscape, for each layer that is to be cut as a separate color, do I save them as a separate .svg files and then cut each one separately?

For example, it looks like the Bambi on your post is six different colors (black, red, dark brown, light brown, tan, and orange). Is each color saved as a separate .svg file (with the appropriate colored objects), imported to SCAL, cut on the appropriate colored stock, and then everything pieced backed together?

Hate to sound like a numscal, but that's the only thing that comes to mind for me.

Appreciate any help!

David
rockapoojakey

Post by rockapoojakey »

Okay, I get the tracing part in inkscape. However, when it comes to layering, do you cut out 6 different colors and cut what you want? Or do you somehow erase and save parts that you need a specific color to layer?

If you erase parts, how do you do that?

thanks,
Cheryl
====================

Is it summer yet?

scrapbookqueen41

Post by scrapbookqueen41 »

Oh wow you did so good. Its darling
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

that's cute...

now if we could only get something to glue all the little pieces and layers together... :roll:
..."you had the power all along"...
from The Wizard of Oz