SCAL 2 tracing

For your help and questions
Shelley

SCAL 2 tracing

Post by Shelley »

What are the default settings in the 'auto trace image' box? And what do they all mean? Brightness, and despeckle seem obvious...

Can somebody explain "corner" and "optimize"?
I've tried fiddleling with these settings, and they don't really seem to do anything --- that I can see anyway...
..."you had the power all along"...
from The Wizard of Oz

mrsguss

Re: SCAL 2 tracing

Post by mrsguss »

Hi Shelley, I'm new to this but I tried tthe tracing and I have to go to Paint program to crop and resize my picture and make it small enough. then I went to SCAL2 and get the pic and it work fine for me. I don't know about any of those optimize or corner button.

Lea
Attachments
lily kj shilloute.scut
(96.26 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

I put a post on the SCAL 2.0 trace settings on my blog. http://imagesbyheatherm.wordpress.com/2 ... -scal-2-0/
I think the default settings are 50, 75, 2, and 0 from top to bottom. I didn't notice any difference on the traces I tried with different corner settings. Optimize will affect how many nodes are created. HTH
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

mrsguss wrote:Hi Shelley, I'm new to this but I tried tthe tracing and I have to go to Paint program to crop and resize my picture and make it small enough. then I went to SCAL2 and get the pic and it work fine for me. I don't know about any of those optimize or corner button.

Lea
I can get it to work too, it just looks like some of them don't "do" much? or just very subtle...
from The Wizard of Oz

Tina 1

Post by Tina 1 »

Shelly,

How do you get SCAL 2 to recognize the file from paint. I have been working on this picture for a couple of days and I can't seem to get it in a format the will cut with SCAL. I used paint and inkscape. I'm just not proficient enough. I tried editing in paint and when I open in SCAL 2 it is blank. When I then import into inkscape what I get are at minimum of two sets of lines. Any suggestions.
one1.GIF
one1.GIF (5.37 KiB) Viewed 2337 times
Thanks,

tina
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

I don't know the answer...

But what I would do is use the 'trace' feature in SCAL 2 and cut one with the lines, and cut another one in a different color, but as a 'blackout' shape...

I'm sure somebody else knows something better? That's just what I would do, 'cuz that's about all I know how to do LOL... :lol:
Attachments
onefish.JPG
onefish.JPG (62.91 KiB) Viewed 2264 times
from The Wizard of Oz

craftyvegan

Post by craftyvegan »

you could use the paintbucket to blackout areas that you dot want the double lines, or put a marker in the blade housing and draw the doublelines then replace the blade and cut it, just a thought. I know what you mean about inkscape, I do everything in PSP, save it as a jpg then convert it in scal LOL!