Help with cutting nesting shapes

For your help and questions
dddemauro

Help with cutting nesting shapes

Post by dddemauro »

I am trying to figure out how to cut a nesting pattern. What I am trying to do is , using a 6.5 x 7.75 sheet of paper I want to cut a design on the side (a label nesting design downloaded from scrappydew.com) I want to layer on top of this paper a 5.25 x 7.5 sheet with the same design cut out. this would leave a 1/2 inch space border. Everytime I do this the designs do not line up. If you can help I would be thankful,
newbiecat

Re: Help with cutting nesting shapes

Post by newbiecat »

dddemauro wrote:I am trying to figure out how to cut a nesting pattern. What I am trying to do is , using a 6.5 x 7.75 sheet of paper I want to cut a design on the side (a label nesting design downloaded from scrappydew.com) I want to layer on top of this paper a 5.25 x 7.5 sheet with the same design cut out. this would leave a 1/2 inch space border. Everytime I do this the designs do not line up. If you can help I would be thankful,

6.5 x 7.75 so looking at this it seems that your shape will be 1.25 bigger in one direction and .25 bigger in the other ????
5.25 x 7.5

Is that what you wanted - generally when I want to nest things I make the shape equally bigger all around - or am I missing something here ??

Any how I would experiment with copy paper - cut the smaller size with normal cutting (assuming you are using SCAL) and try cutting the bigger size using blackout setting - see if you like the look -

Or copy and paste and then you can always click and drag the corner handles till you like the way it looks
Pandora
Win7, SCAL3.044, Silver Bullet 18" Craft Artist Pro, Photoshop,