Ack! please help, this is SO frustrating...

For your help and questions
Wicked Stuff

Ack! please help, this is SO frustrating...

Post by Wicked Stuff »

I'll preface this by saying that while I am basically computer literate, I am not what you'd call technically gifted. Also, I have reaaaaaalllllllyyy slow dial-up.

I played around with the trial version of SCAL. It seems pretty cool and I genuinely do intend to buy it, but NOT until I am sure I can get it to work with my computer and my expressions... Because I have the super-slow dial-up I would try to download the free DS (for firmware I think?) but I kept getting "504 time-out" messages :x I would get so frustrated that I'd have to come back to it later. Last night it *finally* downloaded for me, I went to open SCAL to finally cut something, and a little box pops up saying "Trial version has expired. (...)" Really anticlimactic :cry: I feel as though I am beating my head against a brick wall.

I tried deleting SCAL and downloading it again, but I get the same error message. So, what now?
Tingha Treasures

Re: Ack! please help, this is SO frustrating...

Post by Tingha Treasures »

I think you need to go over to www.craftedge.com and email their support.
http://www.craftedge.com/support/support.html
Where are you to still have dial-up?
Wicked Stuff

Post by Wicked Stuff »

I'm in a teensy midwest town. We don't even have cable here... so my choices are satellite internet (wayyyy out of my price range) or dial-up. I do the best I can with what I've got to work with...
wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

You may not have a clean download of SCAL if your connection times out when you just try to update the firmware. You might want to get SCAL on CD but that will require you to buy it. There are so many of us who use SCAL successfully and those who do run into problems post their situations and we all help where we can. Even if you have some bumps getting things situated, we can help you as can Todd when needed.
Tingha Treasures

Post by Tingha Treasures »

wow welcome to the forum then.
Wreeds right this programs the tops and we are here to help.
cydnewright

Post by cydnewright »

I know there were some people who bought the software and couldn't get it to work, so Todd refunded their money. If getting an extension of the trial period isn't possible, you might ask if they would still consider this.