SCUT3 saving files as SCUT2

For your help and questions
lionessaz

SCUT3 saving files as SCUT2

Post by lionessaz »

Hi,
I've upgraded to SCUT 3 from SCUT2 and for some reason, when I do Save Project As... and ask it to save as an SCUT3 file, it saves it as SCUT2. Why?
dragonlord666

Re: SCUT3 saving files as SCUT2

Post by dragonlord666 »

is the file a scut2 then you have opened?
just wondering if it's saving back to the original format.

there is a dropdown when you save that you can change.

also check that there is not a setting in preferences (don't think there is but) that is set to scut2

what happens if you type and replace .scut2 with .scut3 before you save?

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
lionessaz

Post by lionessaz »

Hi Gaz,
They are indeed SCUT2 files to begin with, but the dropdown menu gives me the choice of format as: scut3 or All files. I choose scut3 and it leaves the scut2 tag on it. BUT....I tried an experiment and made a duplicate of a file and changed the tag to scut3 and while it gave me a warning that it might open in a different app, it let me and I was able to open it in scut3. Maybe I'm just being hyphenated.. :shock: Will it hurt if I delete my scut2 from the computer? I should still be able to open the scut2 files, yes?
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

I would move the scut2 files to a backup - pen drive or external one and make 100% sure my scut3 versions were working OK before I got rid of them.

strange, but I guess it's picking up the scut2 tag from within the file info and keeping that. but as least you can still open them.

what happens when you open the newly named scut3 file and save it back to itself as a scut3 - do you still get the warning or anything.
a PITA but if that works it just means when you use a file and get the warning, remember to save it back to itself before you alter or do anything to it :)

if fact, you might get rid of the warning if you reset the associations not 100% sure how in windows. think you right click a file and it's under permissions or properties or you right click and use open with then select the app (scal3) and then tick the always use this app
on mac you right click then use get info and change the app and select change all :)

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave