Mixed Media..I am brave

emilymom

Mixed Media..I am brave

Post by emilymom »

I made this for a friend. She manages a singles facebook page and that is how I met her online but also met her in person and we have become sisters. So she is looking for the love of her life and continues to put herself out there and I so respect her for the woman she is and her courage...hence...the artwork....which was modeled after a very talented mixed media artist who's work I love Stephanie Ackerman...
0067.jpg
0067.jpg (365.23 KiB) Viewed 2564 times
gj1

Re: Mixed Media..I am brave

Post by gj1 »

All I can say is WOWOWOOWOWOW to all of your projects and layout...you do REALLY nice work! Thanks for showing us!!!
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
mommyshome

Post by mommyshome »

Beautiful work! May I ask how long that takes to put together? It looks so detailed.
My files are for personal use only. Please do not sell my files or items made from my files. Thanks.
emilymom

Post by emilymom »

Thanks all...Seriously you all can do the same thing...this is pretty much my process when I do mixed media stuff...

Find something I want to copy from the internet, an idea, colors or words
Use a canvas or canvas board
Modge podge some old book pages onto the canvas...let dry...
Use some color wash to spray some color (watch out this stuff will smear when mixing with other stuff)
Use some templates and paint with acrylic paint...You can make the templates from the SCAL software
Use some stamps with stazon and stamp ...Stand around looking at your project to see how you like it...
Make a heart with scal software as you template
Draw a pen line around heart template Stand around some more looking at your project hoping the gel will look good...
Mix up on a paper plate...Golden Regular Gel medium with acrylic paint, I used red for heart
Use a paint brush to put the gel medium inside the heart (This stuff is thick so no problem with it running)
Glob the rest of the gel medium on to make it look like little mountains...
Let gel COMPLETELY dry overnight...
Stand around some more thinking what else you are going to do with this piece and what is it missing so far...
Take gold acrylic paint and paint the tops of the mountain peaks on the heart,,,
Cut some letters out paint black, let dry
Play with letters until you have figured out where the heck you want to put them.
Hot glue letters down or e6000 them (they are chipboard)
Put some white dots on letters because they look boring....
Stand around some more and see what else you want to do....
Take some raffia and tie knots in it and hot glue to the bottom

This took me probably 3 days and that is quick for me because I do a lot of standing around :) but I could be working on
something for 2 or 3 weeks because I am in no rush....
gj1

Post by gj1 »

:) That was really fun to read! :)

I see now...about the paper bg, and the stamps...that is very cool...I'm liking it a LOT!

Thanks so much for the explanation on how-to. Your friend will REALLY like this!!!
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.