Birthday Centerpiece

pastda3

Birthday Centerpiece

Post by pastda3 »

It's hard to believe my grandniece will be celebrating her 3rd birthday tomorrow. She's having a Care Bear themed party, so this is the centerpiece I made for her. The idea started with "one" bear and it snowballed into a monstrosity. :lol: It's about 45" wide and 22" high. What makes it sad is it probably won't last much longer than the party.
Small Rainbow.JPG
Small Rainbow.JPG (52.66 KiB) Viewed 1534 times
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
gj1

Re: Birthday Centerpiece

Post by gj1 »

AWWW..that is so cute! Did you cover something in fabic that is bendable...wow...this is soooooooo nice!
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

Yes I did. I used pipe insulation. I wanted it to look more 3D. I really DID NOT want to deal with paint. I don't like the creases, but I wanted it to be a quick and easy cover, so I just sewed up some "tubes" of fabric. I know it's not the true "ROYGBIV" rainbow, but I used the one I saw in the Bear pics on-line. It will just have to do. haha I'm so over the "rainbow." :lol:
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
papasue

Post by papasue »

How totally adorable. You have created a keepsake that will be treasured for a lifetime.

What a great aunt you are.

Thanks for sharing.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Genius..to think of the pipe insulation covers...just genius!!!
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

I first thought of using the water noodles since they come in different colors, but with the bend I needed, they wouldn't have worked out that great and it would've been much larger. It's big enough as is. The noodles are what spawned the idea to use the insulation tubes. They are super cheap too. Thank you for your kind words. You guys are great. :D