Upgrading Computer

For your help and questions
lottie

Upgrading Computer

Post by lottie »

Don't know if this is right for this forum but am wanting to upgrade computer. Use Publisher 2007 for everything -is 2010 Publisher worth the expense to upgrade for my cardmaking etc.
gj1

Re: Upgrading Computer

Post by gj1 »

I hung on to my ancient pc just for that 2007 publisher...I don't know about the other. Just keep your old machine, too, maybe.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

I have used both, the newer one at work and the older one at home. I don't really think it's worth it to upgrade. It just looks like an updated layout, but the features are still about the same. If you really want it, maybe you could get a trial version and see if it's what you really want. And, if you do upgrade, maybe it could be installed separately so you could still have the old one on your computer in case you wanted to use it.
lottie

Post by lottie »

thanks - can't see the point of paying big money and seems I can put 2007 onto new harddrive - rang Microsoft here in NZ (tho' think I spoke to someone in some far off country) and as long as I have the Product Key number can transfer. Just would like Windows 7 and a big, faster machine.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I bought a laptop used with nice features through the computer repair geeks in town and it is still running good more than 2 years later, no problems. It is amazing what people give up for something better when a little something goes wrong and so the repair guys sometimes come by good deals and sell them for less then too.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.