Interesting Facts about Vinyl

talanhart

Interesting Facts about Vinyl

Post by talanhart »

So I received this newsletter from Signwarehouse about vinyl. I wish I could post a link, but I can't from an e-mail. Here is one paragraph that I thought everybody should know.

Six of one is not always a half dozen of the other. A removable adhesive is not necessarily repositionable. ORACAL 631 and Avery 2601 are both made to be stuck on walls and removed cleanly. But 631 is not designed to be removed and repositioned. Likewise, ORAJET 3628 is a removable wall vinyl, but it's not repositionable, while ORAJET 3268 is both removable and repositionable. Admittedly, some of the difference is caused by the face film’s mil spec rather than adhesive characteristics, but it’s important to know the difference. Currently, there are no repositionable plotter films on the market. So if you’re marketing wall words made with ORACAL 631 or MACtac 8900, don’t oversell them as repositionable.

And another paragraph.

Please note that all of these measurements are taken 24 hours after application (typically tested on aluminum or stainless steel which are ideal substrates). The longer a “removable adhesive” vinyl is left in place, the stronger the bond becomes. Eventually, it’s just as hard to remove as a film with a “permanent” adhesive. In other words, all removable adhesives eventually become permanent. Generally after three years, the difference is negligible.

Here is a link to FAQs about Oracal vinyl

http://www.oracal.com/knowledge/faqs.as ... ehouse.com
Todd
Butterfly

Re: Interesting Facts about Vinyl

Post by Butterfly »

I seen I had one from them today too but didn't take the time to read it, But now after reading part of yours I guess I will take the time to go read it now
Scrappin My Way Through
Going Where I Please and Pleasing Where I Go

Windows XP, Expression, SCAL 2.041, Inkscape 47
http://darliciouscreations.weebly.com/
TOASTER

Re: Interesting Facts about Vinyl

Post by TOASTER »

Thanks for the info! I thought removable meant removable! It would be nice if that was stated clearly in the package directions that comes with the vinyl.
Toaster

cameo, cricut expression, cricut create
SCAL 2 , SCAL 3, Windows 10