Want a program like photo gallery for my svg/scut files

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
Deloris

Want a program like photo gallery for my svg/scut files

Post by Deloris »

I'm having problems finding files now that my collection of cutting files is growing bigger by the day.

Would love to buy a software program like the Photo Gallery in Windows so that I could upload my SVG and SCUT files into one place and organize them by themes in albums.

Then be able to view pictures of what's in the files in the albums without having to open them in SCAL. A slideshow feature would be nice too.

Are there any programs available that will do that?
scrappinvt

Re: Want a program like photo gallery for my svg/scut files

Post by scrappinvt »

A program like that would be so helpful.
Care_911

Post by Care_911 »

I agree, that would be awesome. Esp since now I can't get regenesis to work w/ Windows 7, grrrr.

But something like photoshop elements where you could view, put in albums and tag would be fabulous.
cydnew

Post by cydnew »

I don't know about tagging and albums, but Renesis viewer is a free program that will cause your SVGs and .cut (design studio) to have thumbnail pictures that show up in your Windows folders (just like all your other media files do). Then you can create folders by subject and save your files in them and you don't have to open inkscape or SCAL to see them.
Care_911

Post by Care_911 »

Unfortunately, no, regenesis only goes up to VISTA, so those of us with win 7 have lost that option.

But having used it before I think it would be a lot easier to be able to create albums and using a tagging option than go through every file and try to put them into folders, especially if you have a lot of files. If you could see a whole screen of them, have a list of folders or albums on the side of the screen, and then drag and drop them into the appropriate spot it would make it a lot easier. If you could tag them you could put them in multiple categorizations, like in photoshop elements you can tag something say as "valentine's". Then you hide anything not tagged "Valentine's" and you would have all your Valentine files and you could easily just stick them all where they belong. This would work particularly well for an item that you want in two or more categories, such as a border with hearts that you might want to tag as "borders" and "Valentine's." Regenesis makes you able to see your files, but it takes quite a bit of time to organize them, don't think I personally ever finished, lol. With a better system, I might actually accomplish that. There's just too much stuff out there, mtc, scal, funtime, fonts, cut files, svg files. gsd files... You could spend the rest of your life just downloading everything, never mind learning it all, and then organizing it.
kosy2

Post by kosy2 »

I got a netbook for Christmas with window 7 starter. After much frustration I decided to try regenesis. I was :D overjoyed IT WORKED on window 7. Try what do you have to loose?