ISO of ideas for vinyl art in picture frames, etc

For your help and questions
scrappinkay

ISO of ideas for vinyl art in picture frames, etc

Post by scrappinkay »

Wanting to do some home decor but don't want to put it on the walls. I've seen somewhere where they put it on the glass in a picture frame,etc.

Any links or ideas would be much appreciated, TIA
mrs.c

Re: ISO of ideas for vinyl art in picture frames, etc

Post by mrs.c »

I've done a couple, this is one I have in my living room, well the SCAL screen shot of it, my camera is not behaving... The Pray is in black, and the rest is in silver. I uploaded the scut2 file if any one wants it, you are welcome to it. The font is "Edwardian Script ITC"

I have also done our last name and "est. date" that is above our door.

Also, try googling home decor sites and vinyl wall art, and you will get some good ideas. HTH
Attachments
Pray..When life gets too hard to stand...kneel AC.scut2
(227.65 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Pray.JPG
Pray.JPG (68.22 KiB) Viewed 4133 times
Last edited by mrs.c on Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TOASTER

Post by TOASTER »

I bought the monogram alphabet from myvinyldesigner and used an idea from someone else on the Cricut mb and put it in a floating frame. Here is the link:
http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/tm.a ... e&#5772190

Here are a couple of places you can buy ready made designs. It may help give you some ideas
http://www.vinylreadydesigns.com and http://www.myvinyldesigner.com/
Toaster

cameo, cricut expression, cricut create
SCAL 2 , SCAL 3, Windows 10
scrappinkay

Post by scrappinkay »

You guys are awesome, thanks so much. I'm confused though, :) Do you put the vinyl on the back side of the glass? And if so, I will need to have my image cut backwards?
gregevacall

Post by gregevacall »

mrs. c, what font did you use for this?

You did a great job!

Eva
mrs.c

Post by mrs.c »

I used "Edwardian Script ITC" Thanks you, and also, I just realized I forgot to save the edited version after I used it last. It didn't have the "S" in "gets" I changed it though, so it's the right one now. Sorry about that, I get a little air brained sometimes :oops:
mrs.c

Post by mrs.c »

scrappinkay wrote:You guys are awesome, thanks so much. I'm confused though, :) Do you put the vinyl on the back side of the glass? And if so, I will need to have my image cut backwards?

Nope, you just put it right on the front, so cut it normal. Here is a tutorial for how to do it.

http://www.expressionsvinyl.com/pages/p ... me-vid.php
Laurie O

Post by Laurie O »

I "display" vinyl creations several ways. Some I sandwich between 2 pieces of glass and frame. I have a client who put her design on plexi - she drilled holes in the top and ran a ribbon through it to use as a hanger. Most of the time I just place my design on large ceramic tiles and display on an easel or cut them to fit frames. I have some posted on my website. Later today, I will also post a canvas creation I just finished.

Here's a multi-colored barrel racer on a white ceramic tile - bought the tile at HD for under a buck and put it in a black wooded $ store frame. Hope that helps.

Laurie
Attachments
barrel_racing.JPG
barrel_racing.JPG (56.11 KiB) Viewed 4114 times
I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them!
www.laurieodesigns.weebly.com
creativemom

Post by creativemom »

You could also use old windows in the window frames. I have pick up a few on the side of the road to make my own small greenhouse. Now when the weather gets warmer here I'm going to sand the frame paint it and place some design with vinyl on the glass pane. You could do the glass etching this way too. Attach some eye hooks to the back or top and add some chain to hang it inside or out. It would look nice hanging in a garden. you could use the vinyl on mirrors with etching or just vinyl. I've found some unfinished wood at the dollar store and painted it/ added vinyl letters like welcome and add some coat hooks and hang it in the entryway. Tons of ideas!
~Lorena~
Visit my crafty blog!
http://istitchit.blogspot.com/
scrappinkay

Post by scrappinkay »

ok, thank you so much again you guys. You are so helpful, I appreciate it!!! Looking forward to doing this. I'm making an item to put in my daughters sorority auction at mom's weekend.