Help please! Wedding envelope by Friday

For your help and questions
Care_911

Help please! Wedding envelope by Friday

Post by Care_911 »

Hello all,
Sorry I have not been on the boards much for quite some time... Backlog of font downloads and a new wide format printer which has gotten me interested in digital scrapbooking for the last while...

Anyway, my eldest step daughter is getting married this weekend and I have made (am making, it's not entirely finished yet) a wedding card for her & her new husband-to-be.

The card is 7x7 inches (what I had to make it in order to make the kind of card I was aiming for from a sample I had made previously) and we'll be putting $400 in it so the card needs an envelope, something somewhat fancy & suitable for a wedding, that will fit the card and the money. And maybe, if possible some sort of flat enclosed pocket to put the money in now that I think about it, maybe with a scalloped edge or something... Money isn't exactly the cleanest thing in the world and maybe it shouldn't be on the decorated inside of the card, especially if there is going to be a white part with their names and good wishes etc. (Which I will print out and then cut or use nestabilities on.)

Could somebody who really knows what they are doing help me out on this? I will only have a small part of Friday to cut everything out and print it all out (I'm not where my machine and supplies are, because of the wedding & my fiance having court).

Wish I had a photo to attach of the card so I could give you a better idea what I'm talking about but unfortunately the card is not here, either :-( Going to be a massive rush... Really sucks because if I'd known I'd be here for the week, I'dve brought my supplies with me!

Please and thank you *so* much!

Sincerely,
Care
jrichards

Re: Help please! Wedding envelope by Friday

Post by jrichards »

Have you done a search here for envelopes? I feel certain you will find some. 7x7 is an odd size, you may need to use a 12x24 mat.
Jan
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

I'm kinda lost. Would something like this work?

http://forums.surecutsalot.com/viewtopi ... ope#p33012
Todd
Care_911

Post by Care_911 »

The envelope is nice enough, but can I get it to fit a 7x7 inch card? That was my concern and why I was hoping somebody could make one specifically for a 7x7 card--like you said, it is an unusual size for a card.

If it is even possible, how would I go about making it the right size (I'm guessing that would be about 7 1/4 x 7 1/4? But I really don't know, I have never even tried to do an envelope before.)

Heather, if you read this, is this something you could do? If not, I understand, it's kind of last minute but we've been so busy trying to get ready for the wedding that I just didn't think about this until recently.

Anyway any file, or advice will be appreciated. Especially if you have done envelopes before. I don't really have time to try and cut the darn thing out 10 times in order to get it right, we have so much still to do.

Thanks,
Care
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

What size paper are you going to use? I played with this earlier, but I couldn't think of a one piece envelope that was less than 12". You won't be able to use the Frugal Crafter envie and cut it with SCAL. After rotating it and sizing it to the max allowed for cutting, it wouldn't hold a 7" card.
Care_911

Post by Care_911 »

Hi Heather,
Thanks for replying :o). I'll use whatever size it takes. Or, alternatively, maybe an envelope design similar to the "petal" type boxes, where each side is equilateral, and then somehow tucks in to close the envelope in the middle? I'm not sure if that is easier or a better solution or not.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Thank you, so much, for replying to this and trying to come up with an answer, I really appreciate it.

Care
Care_911

Post by Care_911 »

P.S. Geez, I was doing a smiley face and it turned it into a shocked/surprised face... Ah well, anyway it was meant to be a :D
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

I am guessing that you need the full 7 inches because it is cash. Have ou thought about getting them a Prepaid Visa card, They are just as easy to use as cash and you could make your card what ever size you want and you wouldn't have to worry about the dirty money.you could just add a fancy pocket to hold the gift card
Scrappin My Way Through
Going Where I Please and Pleasing Where I Go

Windows XP, Expression, SCAL 2.041, Inkscape 47
http://darliciouscreations.weebly.com/
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Post by DogCarbon »

here is one i created using the above envelope's scallop for the top closure.

it is a 16.5" x 11.5 cut.

Not sure if you have paper that large or if you have the 12X24 mat.

The smallest a 7x7 envelope could be would be 14" (7+7) to cover it.

With my design I have given you some wiggle room to fit your card inside the envelope.

Also, I layered an inside piece to make it pretty/decorative.

HTH!
Attachments
7X7 envelope.png
7X7 envelope.png (10 KiB) Viewed 4021 times
7X7 envelope.svg
(5.97 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Heather you are just too much!!!! I really, really, really hope the people on this board realize what a gem you are and how talented. We have many on this board so I say HOORAH! to all of you.
Jan