SCAL keeps shutting down

For your help and questions
dfesau

SCAL keeps shutting down

Post by dfesau »

I am having unreal trouble today. Every time I try to do something with "Sure Cuts A Lot" ---- it will not co-operate. It keeps coming up and saying that the program is not responding and will be shutting down. Am I doing something wrong? Or what is the problem ? Thanks! gramma51 :? :? :?
Jax

Re: SCAL keeps shutting down

Post by Jax »

Need some more information before anyone can trouble shoot this problem...what OS are you running MAC or Windows (most likely Windows but need to know).

If Windows what version ( XP, Vista, Win7)?
How much memory do you have on this pc?
Did it ever work (SCAL that is)?
If you aren't learning something new everyday you might as well just lie in a grave and wait for death.
dfesau

Post by dfesau »

yes "windows" ---- It has acted this way off and on but today it has been almost more that way than not!!! Thanks! :? :!:
ttyl

Post by ttyl »

I've always had that happen to me as well. I just assumed it was just the mechanics of the program.
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

this has never happened to me till this week when i had to get a new comp. running windows 7 (yuck, so far). is it the OS. ? can it be fixed thru SCAL
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro
papasue

Post by papasue »

Just asking,

How many windows or applications do you have open when this happens? It could be nothing more than that you are running out of memory to support open apps, browsers and files when you open SCAL
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

It isn't the SCAL Win7 combination. Are you running in XP compatibility mode? The only time I have had SCAL crash on my Win7 machine was when I was working with it when my virus protection software did an auto update. On my old XP machine I would have problems if I had too many programs running.
jendryden

Post by jendryden »

I am having problems with mine also...I have Windows 7 which I love. Usually for me it happens when I have a lot on the screen...in other words, when I am about ready to cut. I've made it a habit to save as I go
Jen
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

i am only running SCAL w/ one thing on it. i tried diff. comp. mode and scal said that it was a trial version so i switched back to normal 7 mode.
i did later get it all to cut so maybe the prob. is over. i was so excited to cut a dr. that i got from SVGCuts.com to go on a medical page of my sons. SO CUTE. i have not ever cut "paper dolls" before. fun.
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro