Tic Marks Not Cutting

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Sure Cuts A Lot
ARinOC

Tic Marks Not Cutting

Post by ARinOC »

I'm very new to SCAL and Inkscape, but have been experimenting almost nonstop for two weeks now and getting very frustrated. My problem is this: I'm making a box template and for my score line, I wanted to use "tics" instead of drawing the entire dotted line. I'm not sure why or what I did, but when I import the finished svg image to SCAL2, sometimes the tic marks show up and sometimes they don't. Sometimes they get cut by Cricut, sometimes they're not, even though the tic marks are visible in SCAL. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong. Also, is there a difference in the colors of the images that show up in SCAL? I only import black, but SCAL shows them as red, sometimes green, yellow.... I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Adela
http://creationsbyar.com
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Re: Tic Marks Not Cutting

Post by Sweetness4713 »

I'm not sure why your tick marks aren't showing but as to the color importing in red you can edit that color right in SCAL when you have it open.. Just look down on the right of SCAL2 and you will see a layers color.. You will notice that same color of your project as what's showing on your virtual mat.. Click on the color of the box beside your poject an another box pops up.. Click on the color box in there and your whole color chart opens.. click on the color you want then click okay .. and your projects color will change to what you want...
ARinOC

Post by ARinOC »

Thanks for your response. Regarding the colors, I was just wondering if the colors having any importance, relevance to the file or outcome. I checked the right side of my scal2 and all I see are: APPEARANCE and PORTION AND SIZE. I don't see any colors. But if colors aren't important to the outcome of the image being cut, then I'll not worry about that.

I just can't seem to have a consistent outcome. If a line shows up on scal2, doesn't that mean that the line will be cut? So why aren't some of mine being cut and some are ignored? Does it have to do with Inkscape or does this SCAL2 have a bug?
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

No.. The colors are for your own personal preferences when making your layers.. I like to use them because then I just have to look in my layers column and know what is what... It doesn't show you a color chart.. Beside each file you have a colored square box.. when you hit on that box then a colored chart shows up.. For myself?? I like to show a different color for each art in my layers ....
Aimitup2

Post by Aimitup2 »

Hi Adela - we've chatted over on the SVG Cuts Forum. I would suggest that you post the SVG file you are having a problem with and someone will be able to check out the file. I use Illustrator but alot of people use Inkscape. Just an idea.

Amy