Help, I can't get the Cricut Design Studio to work?

For your help and questions
Tripletmomplus2

Help, I can't get the Cricut Design Studio to work?

Post by Tripletmomplus2 »

Hello group, so to be a "newbie" and drop this one on you all, and please tell me if I need to go somewhere else to find help with this :? . I downloaded the trial version of Cricut Design Studio and it will just not work on my system. I go to click on the icon on my desktop and it tells me it has a problem and must close. I even downloaded it from several different sites and I still have the same issue. I so want to purchase your software but I understand I need to update my Cricut and can only get the update from the trial version of Cricut Design Studio.
My pc is fine and meets all the specs.
Please help me. :(
Thanks
Donna
Donna/aka Tripletmomplus2

Haydens video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBtizuTTz28#GU5U2spHI_4
Shelley

Re: Help, I can't get the Cricut Design Studio to work?

Post by Shelley »

Maybe just forget about CDS and just get SCAL?

I'm not sure?
..."you had the power all along"...
from The Wizard of Oz

lilgreykitty

Post by lilgreykitty »

Gosh Donna, I'm afraid I don't know the answer. Sometimes I think CDS is just plain finicky. Unfortunatly you do need it in order to use SCAL. I had trouble with it friday. Kept saying I needed to update my firmware, and I knew I had already done that. All I can say is keep trying, maybe it will go thru for you at a later date. Anybody else have an idea?
=^..^=
soldiersfamily

Post by soldiersfamily »

I had this problem once too and I unistalled everything turned the computer off and then reinstalled it all and it worked. I try not to even open design studio is I dont have too because it makes my whole system freeze, sca only freezes itself on my computer which isnt much better but I hope that helps.
kkrewtea

Post by kkrewtea »

Have you tried the cricut board? They might know... I'm clueless. Is it possible to try it on another computer? At least to get your bug updated?

Shirl
Tripletmomplus2

Well the only thing I want is to update my bug, so I can use SCAL, and I can't even do that, I'm soooo bummed :( . Can anyone out there help me?
Donna

wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

Click on the Support menu item on the Sure Cuts A Lot website and enter your problem / question there. SCAL support is really good with helping people out.
Tripletmomplus2

I did that yesterday and got an email from "support" telling me to click on a blog link that doesn't even work to find "tips". Well to me that isn't any kind of support, I hate to sound harsh, but if they wan't more people to try/buy their product, they need to offer the bug firmware update on their own. Seems kind of strange to me to have to go to the bug maker for this update so I can use a software program that they didn't even make. I so want to use/buy the SCAL program, but won't till I can make sure my bug can use it kwim?

Donna

wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

Was this the site you went to? http://www.craftedge.com/support/support.html This is an email form where you can enter your message and submit it to SCAL. SCAL does have it's own driver, but it works on top of the Cricut. Realize, the SCAL software is fairly new and they are tweaking and adding to it all the time. It really is a great program once you have it set up. Some people have had trouble installing with Vista - do you have Vista? But they have found out how to work with it with help from Todd, the developer of SCAL. I recommend you email SCAL with your questions. Otherwise, I'm afraid I have nothing else to offer you.
Tripletmomplus2

Well it really isn't SCAL's fault, because I can't even get the CDS to work, and in order for me to update my bug to use SCAL I need CDS to work.
I have emailed PC for their help, I have tried EVERYTHING to get the trial version to work, it will just not open for me, it installs just fine, no warnings, problem alerts etc. But when I click on the icon, it tells me there is a problem with it and it needs to close, see my problem.
I just want to update my bug, so I can buy/try SCAL.

Thanks anyways

Donna