Total Newbie has a question. Please help!!

For your help and questions
Debra Payne

Total Newbie has a question. Please help!!

Post by Debra Payne »

I have just purchased my new Cricut Expression and am waiting for delivery. After much research and downloading the SCAL demo, I was sure this was the way I wanted to go. I want to be able to cut heat transfer vinyl on my Expression more than anything else I have in mind right now. I need to be able to mirror the font images I create in SCAL. After playing with the demo, I am very impressed with it and planned to purchase today. Now after looking for a mirror feature, I am not so sure. Does SCAL have the feature to mirror my image to be able to cut heat transfer vinyl? If so, please tell me where to find it. Thanks so much!!
Deb
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: Total Newbie has a question. Please help!!

Post by HeatherM »

Either of the flip buttons will work. Right now there is a bug in the program that if you have the "keep proportions" box checked, the flip buttons don't work correctly. Uncheck the box, make your flip, then you can check the "keep proportions again if you want. HTH
scal flip.png
scal flip.png (19.3 KiB) Viewed 2549 times
Debra Payne

Post by Debra Payne »

Thanks so much, I'll try that. I can't wait to get started!!!
aries55

Post by aries55 »

HeatherM wrote:Either of the flip buttons will work. Right now there is a bug in the program that if you have the "keep proportions" box checked, the flip buttons don't work correctly. Uncheck the box, make your flip, then you can check the "keep proportions again if you want. HTH
scal flip.png
I don't see the flip on my scal 1 or 2 am i missing something
aries55

Post by aries55 »

aries55 wrote:
HeatherM wrote:Either of the flip buttons will work. Right now there is a bug in the program that if you have the "keep proportions" box checked, the flip buttons don't work correctly. Uncheck the box, make your flip, then you can check the "keep proportions again if you want. HTH
scal flip.png
I don't see the flip on my scal 1 or 2 am i missing something
i FOUND IT IN SCAL 1 BUT ONLY FIRST 2 AND LAST 2 FONTS FLIP?wHAT i DOING WRONG...
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

aries55 wrote:I don't see the flip on my scal 1 or 2 am i missing something
The flip window in SCAL2 doesn't show unless you have something selected on your virtual mat.
aries55 wrote:i FOUND IT IN SCAL 1 BUT ONLY FIRST 2 AND LAST 2 FONTS FLIP?wHAT i DOING WRONG...
I don't know. I didn't have any problems with any of the fonts that I tried, but remember that it only flips individual letters, not the whole word or phrase. You will need to type the words in reverse order.