Monogram Challenge

For your help and questions
talanhart

Monogram Challenge

Post by talanhart »

Here is the next challenge. Make a 3 character monogram with the enclosed letters only and then make a frame to go around it using all four of the flourishes. This should be good practice for scaling, welding, mirroring, copying and pasting.
Todd
swirliepants

Re: Monogram Challenge

Post by swirliepants »

ok i am on it!
lkc

Post by lkc »

Okay, I confess, I did embellish the L and K with a flourish or two. The L seemed so plain without a little help...but it's been a fun exercise...

Thanks!
Laura
lkc1monogram.png
lkc1monogram.png (94.45 KiB) Viewed 4628 times
papasue

Post by papasue »

Gee Todd for someone who was in a slump you sure came up with something. I had nothing to do for the past couple of hours except to do this :D

It just wanted to look like a butterfly.

Thanks
Attachments
Picture 4.png
Picture 4.png (47.54 KiB) Viewed 4551 times
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

Awesome you guys. I want to see more.
Todd
swirliepants

Post by swirliepants »

those are so awesome. I have my first one done but as usual I hav eno idea how to post pics ... I am so lame! Cleaning the rest of the weekend but I will be back on this challenge as soon as I get the place cleaned!
sweet ting

Post by sweet ting »

WOW!
lesliefolks

Post by lesliefolks »

TRYING to be a team player :)!!!!! ok so I have been trying to learn Inkscape for like 2 months read things tried to play and would just get mad and walk away from it!! this morning when i saw this from Todd I just decided to mess with it and try again.....seriously my brain must have learned something however I didnt think I actually understood one single thing about ink!! so I took 1 flourish and just started messing around pushing buttons ....very plain jane...sorry but its my first thing ever to make in INK!! my idea for it was red/whi/blue for like a little 4th of july embelishment to add to a page...I still didnt figure out how to line it all up on top of eachother to show the layered picture...and the one would not be purple but if I made it white it would not show up!! (yeah I did try) duh!!

Heather helped me all day trying to post pictures and she cut this out for me to make sure it worked before I posted it (I was at work...shhh)
so Heather THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!

THANKS TODD FOR DOING THIS!!
Attachments
challengeusa.svg
(27.28 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
path10371.png
path10371.png (35.16 KiB) Viewed 4448 times
lkc

Post by lkc »

lesliefolks wrote:TRYING to be a team player :)!!!!! ok so I have been trying to learn Inkscape for like 2 months read things tried to play and would just get mad and walk away from it!! this morning when i saw this from Todd I just decided to mess with it and try again.....seriously my brain must have learned something however I didnt think I actually understood one single thing about ink!! so I took 1 flourish and just started messing around pushing buttons ....very plain jane...sorry but its my first thing ever to make in INK!! my idea for it was red/whi/blue for like a little 4th of july embelishment to add to a page...I still didnt figure out how to line it all up on top of eachother to show the layered picture...and the one would not be purple but if I made it white it would not show up!! (yeah I did try) duh!!

Heather helped me all day trying to post pictures and she cut this out for me to make sure it worked before I posted it (I was at work...shhh)
so Heather THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!

THANKS TODD FOR DOING THIS!!
Congratulations to you for sticking with it! It takes time to learn the ins and outs of any program...but great to have a support team! Nice Job!

Laura :)
lesliefolks

Post by lesliefolks »

thanks Laura!! thanks for your creation!! I could have never figured out any of this without all the help here!!
love your butterfly papasue!!! thanks for sharing!!