need inkscape genius :)

For your help and questions
TheresaTT

need inkscape genius :)

Post by TheresaTT »

I am new to this inkscape thing. I know it will do this but this BLONDE hasn't figured it out yet. :) BLONDE - REALLY !!!! anyway, I need step by step instructions on how to seperate images to cut them out with SCAL. i hope i am saying that right. my son doesn't have time to teach mommy since he usually plays with this sort of thing on a diff. program and would have to learn inkscape. the item i am talking about would be the team logo for North Carolina State. it has a big S and the N & C somewhat embeded in it. i found it on Google under images, then NCState. i am doing a block lite and people are wanting logos and the hard ones have me looking pretty stupid. my son did a couple for me but doesn't have time for mom now.:(
if you get it , you can post it here or I will send my email addy to you . i have people wanting Miami Dolphins, Bengals, etc. they are getting harder.!!!! what have i gotten myself into?
Thanks , THANKS, THANKS
Theresa
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro
lindamac
Location: Arizona-SCAL1, SCAL2,SCAL3 Inkscape,Silhouette Cameo

Re: need inkscape genius :)

Post by lindamac »

http://susanbluerobot.blogspot.com/
go to this web site. She has step by step instructions for doing what you want in Inkscape. I printed it out and taped it above my computer and just followed step by step. Once you learn it, it is easy
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

Thanks Lindamac,
I have been to Susan's site numerous times and have used some of her tutorials. She has so many that I don't know which one actually corresponds with what i want to do? any idea which one?
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro
papasue

Post by papasue »

Although I'm no Susan BlueRobpt, nor am I a genius I have two tutorials on my blog. One for TRACE BITMAP and one for BREAKING APART which are the two most useful for the novice SCAL/INKSCAPE user.

You can go to my blog and at the bottom of the tutorials you will find both.

Hope this gets you started!
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
lovebeingamom

Post by lovebeingamom »

papasue wrote:Although I'm no Susan BlueRobpt, nor am I a genius I have two tutorials on my blog. One for TRACE BITMAP and one for BREAKING APART which are the two most useful for the novice SCAL/INKSCAPE user.

You can go to my blog and at the bottom of the tutorials you will find both.

Hope this gets you started!

I'm beginning to think that anyone with the name Susan is wonderful!!! Both papasue and susanbluerobot are amazing women, thanks to you both!!!!!
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

thanks all,
i'll give it a try. if a flood comes it is cuz i am crying. :) Susan, i have seen your name on Cricut so i know you do good work. i may be hollarin for ya.
Theresa
Theresa
scrapperdipper

Post by scrapperdipper »

Sorry I can't help with your question, but I just had to tell you that I'd love to see your final block done with NC State. My daughter is a freshman there this year (and absolutely loves it by the way). Good luck with your project. Happy Holidays!!
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

scrapperdipper wrote:Sorry I can't help with your question, but I just had to tell you that I'd love to see your final block done with NC State. My daughter is a freshman there this year (and absolutely loves it by the way). Good luck with your project. Happy Holidays!!
i am having trouble with this one. if i get it done i will let you know.
Theresa
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

OK HERE IT IS. someone wanted a house divided block so this is it.
hope this works.
Srapperdipper - if this doesn't work - go to my website and view. theresat4.741.com or send me your email and i will email it to you. i have another cut if you want it to do a block
the blue colors on the left look gray but they are lt. blue and dk. blue

Theresa