switch DS & SCAL from lil bug to expression

For your help and questions
lilgreykitty

switch DS & SCAL from lil bug to expression

Post by lilgreykitty »

I have a lil bug with older version of DS, so my SCAL still works. I want to purchase an expression, and my question is, can I transfer my DS and SCAL to the new machine? If so, how do I do it, and would I have to update my DS and possibly loose my SCAL?
=^..^=
dmarschall

Re: switch DS & SCAL from lil bug to expression

Post by dmarschall »

DS and SCAL are on your computer. You don't need to do anything with the SCAL. DS has to have the 2.1 firmware installed.
lilgreykitty

Post by lilgreykitty »

My DS is 1.0 Does that mean it won't work with the expression? If not, does that mean I have to purchase another DS in 2.1?
=^..^=
AnointedHands

Post by AnointedHands »

The firmware on the Cricut E machine has to be 2.1. Just upgrade the firmware on the Cricut E from the older versions of DSS.
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
lilgreykitty

Post by lilgreykitty »

But if I upgrade won't I loose SCAL?
=^..^=
NurseMel

Post by NurseMel »

Not if you use the old version of DS to update. It's only the newest version of DS that gives an update that is incompatible with SCAL.

Mel
lilgreykitty

Post by lilgreykitty »

So, let me see if I understand this. I get my E...plug it into my computer...bring up DS...it will prompt me to upgrade?...upgrade firmware to 2.1...don't do anyother upgrades, and it should be alright. Yes?
=^..^=
Kim

Post by Kim »

DS and SCAL are software on your computer. For your little bug and E to communicate with a computer you have to upgrade the bug's firmware, firmware is on the bug. SCAL can only use firmware versions 1.1 and 2.1 right now so that firmware upgrade can only come from an older version of DS. You can upgrade the firmware on an unlimited number of bugs and has nothing to do with using DS on only one computer. Do not do a software update on DS, the newest software update of DS can only cut if you upgrade the firmware on the Cricut to 1.3 or 2.3 and SCAL cannot cut with that firmware on your bugs.
lilgreykitty

Post by lilgreykitty »

Got it! Thanks everybody. :D
=^..^=