Doll Clothes Patterns???

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Sure Cuts A Lot
tesullivent

Doll Clothes Patterns???

Post by tesullivent »

I have scanned in images of the pattern pieces for some doll clothes. I go to trace them in SCAL v. 3 and it makes the image three times the size it actually is. Plus it is grabbing all the white space from a sheet of paper. I know this question might not make the most sense, but if anybody has had any luck in converting pattern pieces that they have scanned into SVG files any information on how to make it work will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
papasue

Re: Doll Clothes Patterns???

Post by papasue »

Been there done that! If you,know how to use Inkscape you can clean up all the extraneous pieces there before importing into the cutter software. If you Want help and feel comfortable posting the svg file someone can help clean it up.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I scanned something recent and it was huge, also, and I did not want it for scal, I just wanted to print it...I think they did something in a windows update to mess up our scanners....or I have done something to mess up my scanner. I had to take it into paint and resize to like 20%. You can also make sure that you go to View and Fit to Window, that could be it. Scans have to be very black and white to work well in the program, so maybe scan in black and white instead of color.

That is all that I can think of.

This project sounds like fun though....good luck with it.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Most scanners you can go right into your photo program to adjust the size that you want the image scanned.. I know my older scanner would open up a preview scanning window first and I could adjust the size I wanted the image to scan out to... I'm sure it's the same with all scanners..
tesullivent

Post by tesullivent »

actually i just want it to stay the same size the actual pattern is. So for instance it is a 4.5 x 6.5 pattern piece but when I bring it into SCAL to trace it turns it into an image larger than 12x12.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

You can go to Edit Select All and then in the properties panel check mark 'Keep Proportions' and then change one of the either height or width to what you want it to be and the rest will match proportionally.

Hope this helps...let us know how it is going.
Deb Z

Post by Deb Z »

If you want an easy gauge to make sure something is the same size as what it was when you scanned it--cut (or punch if you have that size punch) a 1" square and scan that along with the item(s) you want to use. Then you can scale down the scanned image until that little square is 1" again. I've used this when I've scanned images in to create and digitize embroidery designs.

Deb
tesullivent

Post by tesullivent »

Deb Z wrote:If you want an easy gauge to make sure something is the same size as what it was when you scanned it--cut (or punch if you have that size punch) a 1" square and scan that along with the item(s) you want to use. Then you can scale down the scanned image until that little square is 1" again. I've used this when I've scanned images in to create and digitize embroidery designs.

Deb
This is a fabulous suggestion I will try that. Thanks :)
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

another thing to check is the dpi. When you are in Inkscape, make sure the dpi is the same as it is in ECAL or SCAL (in preferences). If they are the same, then they should import the same. I think it should be either 72 dpi or 90 dpi in both programs.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

FANTASTIC answers!!! Thank you...awesome!