Dallas Cowboys SVG Files

cwaugh

Dallas Cowboys SVG Files

Post by cwaugh »

Hello All! I am a new owner of SCAL2 and I am SO excited to begin using! I have found an image, but am unsure as to how to convert to SVG files. Can anyone assist or supply a Dallas Cowboy SVG image??? The helmet I've found is located at the link below...

Thanks in advance!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dalla ... htface.png
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: Dallas Cowboys SVG Files

Post by HeatherM »

I think you will want to use Inkscape to trace that one unless you are only going to cut it as a one color vinyl. It has too much detail to break apart and deal with in SCAL2. It traces really well in Inkscape with either the default Brightness cutoff, or maybe increase it to 0.5 if you want the snaps.

I have a tut on using Inkscape to create paper piecings here, and tracing in SCAL2 here.
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

cowboys.svg
(13.51 KiB) Downloaded 1380 times

Here is the one I use for my lites.
COWBOYS - SM.JPG
COWBOYS - SM.JPG (34.74 KiB) Viewed 9534 times
Last edited by TheresaTT on Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro
maryannbriones

Post by maryannbriones »

Thank you for the responses. I am new to SCAL but yes I agree thanks to all the posts I have been able to get some gifts going. I downloaded inkscape as well, I guess I need to learn how to put a picture together so I can create a Spurs one. :-)

So the SVG files will need to be converted to SCAL in order to use them, correct.

THANK YOU ALL!

Mary Ann Briones
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

maryannbriones wrote:So the SVG files will need to be converted to SCAL in order to use them, correct.
Nope, just open SCAL and import the svg files. It isn't necessary to create a scut file. HTH
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

wow, i just got back on here and noticed that my file had been downloaded 109 times and i didn't even know it. hmm. hope it works for everyone since i have not heard any comments. i guess i could post a pic so people can see it before they download so they know if it is what they want. i hate not seeing what it is.

ok - done.
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro
btails

Post by btails »

love it !!! how about TX longhorns and finding the orange vinyl...haven't have any luck...but if I do the longhorns the aggies here in South TX will burn me at the stake.....great Light !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Judy
maryannbriones

Post by maryannbriones »

That is a great light! The Import worked! thx!
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

btails, you can get orange vinyl from signwarehouse.com. i get all my vinyl from there and am pleased w/ shipping and price.
Theresa
btails

Post by btails »

thanks so much...have been looking and new there had to be that burnt orange somewhere.....Judy