CROP?

For your help and questions
talanhart

CROP?

Post by talanhart »

I have been invited to a Crop on Saturday November 14th. I'm not sure what to expect. The hotel has WiFi, so I can take my laptop and have everyone here available to me just in case I need your help.
What can I expect to see when I get there?
Todd
kaesmom

Re: CROP?

Post by kaesmom »

Hmm... usually a Crop refers to scrapbooking (cropping your photos). Lots of people now go to Crops and digitally scrap. Some people do both. LOTS of people bring their Cricut's with them in order to cut titles and other things for their layouts.

AT least that's been MY experience with Crops. I'm going to an all weekend one in October.
suziscrapper

Post by suziscrapper »

Like the previous poster noted, the word comes from "Cropping" your pictures. So most people will be working with pics and album pages...
However, if you take your laptop w/ SCAL and lots of paper or vinyl, I am sure that you will be the star of the day!! You could probaly make money making things for everyone there if you wanted!
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

You can sell your stuff at these things?
Todd
suziscrapper

Post by suziscrapper »

Definitely check with the Host first, you wouldn't want to offend anyone. However, we scrapbookers will pay a pretty penny for that
"just right" embellishment that we need "right now"! I was at a scrapbook store crop yrs ago and a die cut guy was there selling his cuts...I paid $3 for an airplane because I "needed" it right then to finish a page.
kaesmom

Post by kaesmom »

Exactly - check first. Not all hosts will allow it. But if they do, you can definitely make a nice sum of money! Figure out your costs NOW because people will be asking you for all sorts of cuts. :)

I went to one that had an album embosser there (I knew ahead of time they'd be there). I brought the spines of 10 albums and had them all done right there. It was great and so convenient for me! I seriously doubt I would have had all those albums done if I had to mail them all to an embosser.
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

I registered for Saturday only of a 3 day crop. I was told that I can show up on Friday night to visit with my friend Laurie. I am allowed to bring my Cricut. I didn't ask about selling stuff. I will play it by ear when I get there. My project for the day is going to be a wordbook for a friend of mines Family Reunion.
Todd
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

The crop is starting tonight. I will be going tonight, but not working on anything until tomorrow. I wonder how many people will have Cricuts? I might take some Green and White vinyl with me tomorrow and see if anybody wants Cricut.
Todd
Scrapper Lady

Post by Scrapper Lady »

If they saw what you could do, word of mouth would spread like wildfire and everyone would want you at their next crop :lol: Have a great time while you are there!!
scraphappysue

Post by scraphappysue »

Can't wait to hear how it went! :D
Suzy