SCALP Pro issues with contour cutting SC2 HELP!

Share your Sure Cuts A Lot Projects (.scut, .scut2,.scut3,.scut4)
mx724

SCALP Pro issues with contour cutting SC2 HELP!

Post by mx724 »

Anyone have luck using the SC2 cutter with SCALP4 to do contour cuts? Seems the registration marks need to be found via the computer not at the machine. It seems very buggy sometimes it will find the first registration mark and then when I move to the 2nd via the prompt at the print and cut screen the machine stops reacting to keyboard arrows.

Other times it finds all of them, but then the cut is off to the right and doesnt follow the shape Im trying to contour cut.
SandyMcC

Re: SCALP Pro issues with contour cutting SC2 HELP!

Post by SandyMcC »

The US Cutters are not the ones I've been contracted to test and document. I recommend going back to US Cutter for their support on this issue and/or posting at their forum to see if others with the SC2 have some suggestions.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
mx724

Post by mx724 »

The people at US cutter said to come here as this is Craftedge software is it not? The cutter is capable of it. Ive had success with a ton of trial and error.

See Steps below

1.print the registration marks first.

2.Then turn on the laser at the machine, be sure to hit enter on the machine which indicates that the laser will be moved via the computer keyboard, which is the only way you can do this is SCALP with the SC2 is my understanding. Other machines you can move with the arrows on the machine. It does not seem to work on the SC2. Also the tips in SCALP suggest the same.

3. Then open the cutter dialog at the computer

4. Select Print and cut
(this is where the chore comes in. You need to calibrate your laser offset. This was a real pita but I got it. Really no indications of which way the paper should be fed or whether it was positive or negative in the X,Y, thru trial and error I got it if you need help just ask)

5.Once the first registration mark is locked in hit enter on the keyboard and use it to navigate the cutter head to the next point. Repeat for the erd and last registration mark.

6. Hit enter to cut. (you may want to add a shadow layer to the shape by using the Effects>shadow layer for contour cut)
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Well, this is SO typical of US Cutter. Unlike other cutter companies, they will sell the cutter and the software and provide ZERO help when one of their customers need it. Sorry to be so spiteful but I write user manuals and make videos for companies like Skycut that DOES provide SCAL support for those buying their cutters. (Note that I'm stating this as a volunteer moderator here. I'm not paid by SCAL to work and answer questions.) Anyhow, as I said before, I can't help you without owning your cutter. I've read that other US Cutter owners, like you, have received good support by other US Cutter owners at the US Cutter forum, which is why I suggested it.

Maybe someone else will see your post here and respond. But typically the only posting at this forum is by those needing help, such as yourself. If you want to contact the developer of SCAL, use this link to start a support ticket: http://craftedge.com/support/support_form.php

Note that you're far from the first US Cutter owner with problems that US Cutter shoves off onto someone else. I face this same thing all the time at various SCAL and vinyl Facebook groups. That's why I get cranky with them for not giving two hoots about their customers' needs.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/