Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
MarthaT

Re: Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 For Windows

Post by MarthaT »

SCAL2 is the best!
linkee40

Post by linkee40 »

Would like to have this program but am looking for the new coupon code. Any idea when the new code will be out?
cydnew

Post by cydnew »

coupon code 9794821 is valid for 10% off until Nov 30.

I have to add that I just upgraded & SCAL 2 is the most freaking awesome thing I could have imagined! If PC had been as on the ball as Todd, there wouldn't have been a market for SCAL in the first place. You snooze, you lose!
It is definitely worth paying the upgrade price for version 2!
LiveLaughScrap

Post by LiveLaughScrap »

cydnew wrote:coupon code 9794821 is valid for 10% off until Nov 30.

I have to add that I just upgraded & SCAL 2 is the most freaking awesome thing I could have imagined! If PC had been as on the ball as Todd, there wouldn't have been a market for SCAL in the first place. You snooze, you lose!
It is definitely worth paying the upgrade price for version 2!
How do you use the coupon code? I just tried purchasing & paying though pay pal, I entered the code & it did nothing. It later told me to re-enter the code. i can't get it to work. Any suggestions?
TIA,
Lori

**Edited to Add** I figured out how to use the code.
Lori
Lori
LIVELAUGHSCRAP
A PLACE FOR SHARED CREATIVITY
http://livelaughscrap-leedle.blogspot.com
ranger1942

Post by ranger1942 »

OK, I just came across this site, and it looks very interesting. Let me make sure I have this correct about SCAL:

1. Turn on my Expression, and insert ANY cartridge.
2. Buy and Download SCAL. Install.
3. Via USB, hook up my Expression to my Dell Windows XP desktop computer.
4. Using the SCAL software and the Expression, I can print/cut ANY True Type font installed on my computer onto the paper loaded in the Expression. What I see, is what cuts.

Is it really that simple?

Thanks
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

Yes. it's that simple. Plus you can import SVG files and cut those too! This is the best program ever.
Todd
ranger1942

Post by ranger1942 »

talanhart wrote:Yes. it's that simple. Plus you can import SVG files and cut those too! This is the best program ever.
How is SCAL any different that the Cricut Design Studio? Price wise, they're about the same. Not sure about features, tho.
biz_kid1

Post by biz_kid1 »

CDS only cuts what cartridges you own. SCAL will cut most TTF fonts and SVG files.
Grandma Bonnie

Post by Grandma Bonnie »

I have yet to even open my Expressions Cricut, but I see that I need the SCAL 2 - I have a question. Do I need the downloadable PLUS the CD-ROM? I have used my computer for almost en years now and consider myself pretty savy. Do I NEED the CD-ROM?
jasenj1
Location: Newport News, VA, USA; SCAL 2.044-Expression; SCAL 3-Cameo; Mac; Inkscape 0.48; GIMP 2.6

Post by jasenj1 »

Grandma Bonnie wrote:I have yet to even open my Expressions Cricut, but I see that I need the SCAL 2 - I have a question. Do I need the downloadable PLUS the CD-ROM? I have used my computer for almost en years now and consider myself pretty savy. Do I NEED the CD-ROM?
No, you don't need the CD. If you want to make a backup, just copy the installer to a CD of your own or to another HD. I think the CD is for people giving the program as a gift or who may not have Internet access - but then how do they buy the software? :?

- Jasen.