Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 For Windows

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
chasar

Re: Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 For Windows

Post by chasar »

Ok, i followed your instructions and unfortunately, it happened again.
What happens is; the top right of the screen turns black (where the tools are), the drop down arrows turn into 6's, and if i try to type in the window, another window pops up but no letters. It just all goes haywire and needs to be closed in order to restart and work again.
biz_kid1

Post by biz_kid1 »

Have you ran Windows updates lately? It almost sounds like maybe you don't have the latest .NET release. Just a thought!
chasar wrote:Ok, i followed your instructions and unfortunately, it happened again.
What happens is; the top right of the screen turns black (where the tools are), the drop down arrows turn into 6's, and if i try to type in the window, another window pops up but no letters. It just all goes haywire and needs to be closed in order to restart and work again.
chasar

Post by chasar »

We have it automatically set up to update.
It just happened a few times again. So frustrating! Do you think maybe there is a time limit to how long i can use the software before it shuts down?
biz_kid1

Post by biz_kid1 »

No! Even the trial doesn't care how long, it just cuts the lines in your cuts! That really sounds like you may need to run updates - it would apply the latest .NET, security patches, etc. I would try that next.
chasar wrote:We have it automatically set up to update.
It just happened a few times again. So frustrating! Do you think maybe there is a time limit to how long i can use the software before it shuts down?
chasar

Post by chasar »

I'm noticing that when it took longer to freeze when i first started but then it kept freezing more quickly as time went on. It's really weird.
My hubby is a computer wiz and has all the updates, scans, virus protections, etc etc, loaded here. He can't figure it out either.
I assumed it was a glitch in scal2 but no one else seems to have the same problem. Very frustrating.
elsjoy

Re: Sure Cuts A Lot 2.004 For Windows

Post by elsjoy »

I have Cricut version 1.32 and SCAL 2.004 and have continual freezes when cutting. Have tried one item over and over, and it cut one out of 4 without freezing. I have tried everything. One thing for those whose computers are riving up to 100% check out cidaemon.exe on line, it might help. Any ideas to solve the freeze issue? Thanks.
chasar

Post by chasar »

Ok, seems as if someone else is having the same problems. Maybe someone from craftedge can help us here?
biz_kid1

Re: Sure Cuts A Lot 2.004 For Windows

Post by biz_kid1 »

If cidaemon.exe is the process running your CPU up to 100%, it is only a critical process to run Microsoft Indexing Service, which is not required for your system to run. My experience with MIS is it isn't worth having it running because I found it did suck all of my system resource's...inefficiently.

Disable the Indexing Service: You can turn indexing off by stopping the service in services.msc (Go to Start > Run and type services.msc or right-click your My Computer icon and click Manage > Services and Applications > Services, scroll down and highlight Indexing Service then right-click on it and select Properties then Manual under Startup Type and click OK. Set it back to Automatic if you ever want to start up the service again!
elsjoy wrote:I have Cricut version 1.32 and SCAL 2.004 and have continual freezes when cutting. Have tried one item over and over, and it cut one out of 4 without freezing. I have tried everything. One thing for those whose computers are riving up to 100% check out cidaemon.exe on line, it might help. Any ideas to solve the freeze issue? Thanks.
pammesue

Post by pammesue »

I have a question... I dont have the upgrade yet, am considering it, however Im going to get a new computer this month.
I currently have XP but will more than likely get the vista with upgrade to windows 7.

How will that affect my current SCAL configuration? I dont know what to do first.

thanks!
lmckee

Post by lmckee »

I purchased SCAL but I did not understand that 2.0 was the upgrade. I downloaded it only initially and activated it with my serial number. Then I realized it was the upgrade and downloaded 1.0 but it will only give me the trial version and won't allow me to use my serial number to activate it. So now I only have the upgrade without 1.0. I only have the trial version. Help. I guess I was not very computer savvy. Anyone have any ideas.