SCAL 5 Standard Stops Responding for Print and Cut

carlsoc2ckkc

SCAL 5 Standard Stops Responding for Print and Cut

Post by carlsoc2ckkc »

I am trying to Print and Cut a file (actually several files but they are identical). My text objects are set to Print+Cut Print line type and the objects I want to cut are set to Print+Cut Cut line type. The page prints fine and has registration marks printed. But when I click Detect Marks in the Print+Cut dialog box of Cutter Settings my Wishblade detects the registration marks and then the SCAL software locks up and does nothing else until I do a Force Quit and restart it. The Wishblade light also stops blinking, indicating that it isn't getting info from SCAL after it detects the registration marks. Am I doing something wrong or is what can I do to fix this problem? Maybe I should install the Wishblade as a Silhouette cutter, though the Print+Cut dialog shows Silhouette so it must already be running the correct driver for a Wishblade. Other thoughts on fixing this issue?
SandyMcC

Re: SCAL 5 Standard Stops Responding for Print and Cut

Post by SandyMcC »

A few questions:

(1) In the Cut Settings window, do you see your cut shapes over to the right in the preview? If they're missing, then that's the reason why nothing is cutting. Post a screenshot of the main window and also the Cut Settings window.

(2) Do you have WYSIWYG selected in the Cut Settings window?

(3) If you forgo the Print+Cut button and just click on Cut does it work?

Possibly there could be a bug in SCAL5 that hasn't been identified because there are so few Wishblade owners still around and even fewer who would use the Print and Cut feature.

So, you may end up needing to do a Support Ticket using this link:

http://craftedge.com/support/support_form.php

But maybe we'll figure it out sooner. :)
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
carlsoc2ckkc

Post by carlsoc2ckkc »

(1) Yes, I see my shapes in the Cutter Settings window. Screen shots below.
Main Project Window
Main Project Window
SCAL Main Window.png (153 KiB) Viewed 9215 times
Cutter Settings
Cutter Settings
SCAL Cutter Settings.png (63.56 KiB) Viewed 9215 times
Print+Cut Window
Print+Cut Window
SCAL Print+Cut Window.png (51.62 KiB) Viewed 9215 times

(2) Yes, I have WYSIWYG selected in the Cutter Settings window.

(3) Yes, if I don't do Print+Cut and just Cut it cuts the objects just fine (though obviously not where I want them in relation to my printed text).
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Thanks for providing answers and screenshots. Everything looks correct in your set up so you will need to submit the support ticket because PNC should be working. Be sure to mention that regular cutting is working just fine... only when you attempt to use Print+Cut on the same file. Also mention, just as you did here originally, that the scan of the marks is successful.

Good luck!
Sandy McCauley
carlsoc2ckkc

Post by carlsoc2ckkc »

I'll create a support ticket. Also, when I get a chance, I am going to try it from my laptop. I created the file on my MacBookPro but am trying to cut it on my Mac. I have no idea why that would make a difference but stranger things have happened.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Most definitely it's worth trying on a different computer. Good luck!

Also, if you don't hear back from Craft Edge within, say, 3 or 4 days, post back and I can try reaching them.
Sandy McCauley
carlsoc2ckkc

Post by carlsoc2ckkc »

I haven't heard from them at all so I resubmitted the support thing today directly to the email address listed on their website rather than using the form.
kylemcope

Post by kylemcope »

Curious if you ever received a follow up or workaround for this issue. I am experiencing the same thing in SCaL 4 Pro.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Some questions for you:

(1) Are you also using a Wishblade cutter or a different brand/model?

(2) Can you please post a screenshot of your project in the main window?

(3) Can you please post a screenshot of your project in the Cut Settings window?
Sandy McCauley
carlsoc2ckkc

Post by carlsoc2ckkc »

I never did receive a response to my trouble ticked. I ended up cutting my stuff by hand because it was just rectangles but it would be nice if this feature would work like it used to.
kylemcope wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:19 pm Curious if you ever received a follow up or workaround for this issue. I am experiencing the same thing in SCaL 4 Pro.