SCAL4 or SCAL5 or SCAL6 with legacy Cricut machines

For your help and questions
Romayne

Re: SCAL4 or SCAL5 with legacy Cricut machines

Post by Romayne »

SandyMcC wrote:Try something VERY basic (pick a shape from the SCAL5 Library. Then make sure both its Fill color and Stroke color are set to black on the Fill & Stroke Panel. Then see if it works. I've running the 64 bit version and, again, it's working fine for me. So, maybe there's something about the file itself you're testing. Feel free to email the file to me and I can test it myself. Just use File>Save As to save the file and then email it to me at smccauley45@cox.net.

Thanks Sandy, I selected a circle from the basic shapes in SCAL5, changed fill and stroke to black, went to file, send to SCAL2 and nothing!
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Go to Help>About in both programs and make sure it shows they are registered (your name and your reg number). For sure ,if either isn't registered, then it probably won't work. If you see your name and registration number in both, then I'll try making a video to see if there's anything I'm doing that you're not doing.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
Romayne

Post by Romayne »

SandyMcC wrote:Go to Help>About in both programs and make sure it shows they are registered (your name and your reg number). For sure ,if either isn't registered, then it probably won't work. If you see your name and registration number in both, then I'll try making a video to see if there's anything I'm doing that you're not doing.
Hi Sandy, checked and yes, shows me as registered on both programs.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

I made a video. Fingers crossed that maybe something I'm doing will be different and will resolve the issue you're having.

https://vimeo.com/353243125
Sandy McCauley
Romayne

Post by Romayne »

SandyMcC wrote:I made a video. Fingers crossed that maybe something I'm doing will be different and will resolve the issue you're having.

https://vimeo.com/353243125
Hi Sandy, thanks so much for going to all this trouble. I have checked and both 2 and 5 are saved in the c drive and I am doing exactly what you demonstrated in the video, both programs open, send to SCAL2 etc but it just isn't playing ball. I am still waiting to hear back from Craft Edge in response to my issues with SCAL5 constantly crashing on me and this sending to SCAL2 problem. Being in different time zones can be very frustrating when waiting for answers lol
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

My next suggestion is to open Task Manager and then shut down or disable as many processes as you recognize as not necessary to have open. Then test again. It seems like something might be interfering with the process. Also, maybe go to Edit>Preferences and post screenshots of every tab. I'll then compare to what I have set in SCAL2 and 5 to see if there's anything different that might be related. I can certainly set any differences I see and then try them myself to see if I can make it fail.
Sandy McCauley
Romayne

Post by Romayne »

SandyMcC wrote:My next suggestion is to open Task Manager and then shut down or disable as many processes as you recognize as not necessary to have open. Then test again. It seems like something might be interfering with the process. Also, maybe go to Edit>Preferences and post screenshots of every tab. I'll then compare to what I have set in SCAL2 and 5 to see if there's anything different that might be related. I can certainly set any differences I see and then try them myself to see if I can make it fail.
Nothing to remove in task manager, How do I add screenshots here?
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

I use Windows Snipping Tool and right after I capture the screenshot, I use File>Save As to save it as a file on my computer.

So that's the first step... save your screenshot noting where you're saving and the name you used.

Then, here in a message, right below this white area where you're typing, are two tabs. Select the Upload Attachment tab.

Click on Choose File and find and upload the file.

Then you'll see an option called Place Inline. Click on that and your file will be place with the appropriate coding for it to show in your message.
Sandy McCauley
Romayne

Post by Romayne »

scal.png
scal.png (122 KiB) Viewed 17021 times
scal.png
scal.png (122 KiB) Viewed 17021 times
SandyMcC wrote:I use Windows Snipping Tool and right after I capture the screenshot, I use File>Save As to save it as a file on my computer.

So that's the first step... save your screenshot noting where you're saving and the name you used.

Then, here in a message, right below this white area where you're typing, are two tabs. Select the Upload Attachment tab.

Click on Choose File and find and upload the file.

Then you'll see an option called Place Inline. Click on that and your file will be place with the appropriate coding for it to show in your message.

ok here goes, these are SCAL2
Attachments
scal pics1.png
scal pics1.png (118.45 KiB) Viewed 17021 times
scal pics.png
scal pics.png (123.51 KiB) Viewed 17021 times
Romayne

Post by Romayne »

Sorry, one too many of the edit page there. The last 2 here
Attachments
scal2.png