SCAL on more than one computer?

For your help and questions
gj1

Re: SCAL on more than one computer?

Post by gj1 »

I think they are separate programs...but not completely sure if you can run both on the same computer...btt.
jeepers94

Post by jeepers94 »

I have SCAL2 on my desktop.I would like to take off there and put it on my wifes laptop.
She has a different email account,I don't know if that is relevant.Can I deactivate it on
my computer,and load it on hers? I do have the original cd,and have never changed
the number.
nursepaulamae

Post by nursepaulamae »

HELP!!!!! PLEASE!!!!! My e-mail address has changed and I can not locate my serial number. I have only loaded my SCAL2 to my desk top. Want to load on lap top now. Went to area to retrieve serial number and it will send e-mail to address on file. Since we changed e-mail from cox.com to att.net it will go to closed address. Cant find where to correct/change e-mail address. Can someone help?
Rachell

Post by Rachell »

nursepaulamae wrote:HELP!!!!! PLEASE!!!!! My e-mail address has changed and I can not locate my serial number. I have only loaded my SCAL2 to my desk top. Want to load on lap top now. Went to area to retrieve serial number and it will send e-mail to address on file. Since we changed e-mail from cox.com to att.net it will go to closed address. Cant find where to correct/change e-mail address. Can someone help?
contact craft edge and tell them the email addy you used for your original order and include your new email so it can be changed and they should send you your code
nursepaulamae

Post by nursepaulamae »

thanks they did sent it and fast too! Now I just cant figure how to load it on the lap top without a cd!
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

It should be an executable file. Click on the file and it should install. Be sure to backup the file and keep it someplace safe.
Sandy in PA
afuser

Post by afuser »

too bad Santa brought me a mac & now I can't use scal anymore since I would have to buy a new license!!! NOT giving up the mac, so I guess I'll have to give up the scal!!
gj1

Post by gj1 »

http://www.craftedge.com/support/faq/faq.html#

I don't think you are out of luck. Give it a go. Deactivate on old computer and then download mac version with your same serial number. Why not try? If you can not activate the new mac version today...then contact support with the form available.

All links for doing this on the FAQ page.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
NanaDonna

Post by NanaDonna »

craftedge wrote:The license for our software is a single user license, and entitles that single user to install the software on a second computer of the same platform for which the license was purchased for, provided they are not both used at the same time, or by more than one person.

So does this mean that if I have it installed on my desktop running windows 10 I can install it on my laptop running windows 10
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Yes. You can install and register SCAL on any two computers. They don't have to both be Windows 10. You could have a Mac and download the Mac version of SCAL and register it using the same registration.

If you need to buy a new computer, then you'll want to open SCAL on the computer you're replacing and go to Help>Deactivate and that will free up one of your two registrations.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/