SCAL on more than one computer?

For your help and questions
lionessaz

Re: SCAL on more than one computer?

Post by lionessaz »

If I have one computer that is not going to be connected to the internet, will I still be able to install and run the SCAL software on it? I often work on one with no internet in my craft room but it would pointless to install it there if it needs the net to work.
Thank you!!
gj1

Post by gj1 »

You do not need the internet to work with scal.

Contact support if you are changing your cutting to the different machine...so the registration can be switched over...there is maybe a manual way to do that if the computer 'can not' connect to the internet.
MarthaT

Post by MarthaT »

will do
CricutLuv

Post by CricutLuv »

Hi everyone, I was wondering...must SCAL be installed on the internal hard drive of my laptop initally with the activation code/serial number for it to work properly or can I install it on my external hd instead. I don't want to put things on my internal if I don't have to. I'm wondering because all of my updates are on my external and it has worked fine like this for my desktop. Wasn't sure if there was something about it being installed on internal hd that kept it from being used to many times. Thanks in advance.

Dee H.
Dee
Proud Mom of A U.S. Soldier!!
101st Airborne, Ft. Campbell, KY - Home of the Screaming Eagles!!
emilymom

Post by emilymom »

Ok I have Scal1 and just updated to SCAL2 yesterday and activated.

I want to save the programs on a cd in case my computer crashes. How do I do this...
iphone3ds

Post by iphone3ds »

Yeah Yeah, I think so !
The shortest answer is doing
Keywords: R4i.R4 SDHC. R4i GOLD. R4III
jannypan

Post by jannypan »

I have 2 computers both with Windows but one is XP and the other one Vista, would I be able to load the software on both machines?
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Not at the same time, unless you purchase two copies of Scal. You can have it on one and then change to the other computer if you change computers for usual usage. I believe you can do this a couple times and then it will say you can't and you just type to support, explain that you got a new computer or whatever, and they will help you out...
bryanw20

Post by bryanw20 »

Hi, new to the whole cutting scene, and will be asing other question in a different thread; but for the 2 computer thing, I want a desktop/laptop install, both Win PC's and it's obvious from this thread I can do that.
My question is how can you share your librbary, or whatever it's called? I found a way to copy all my images in Silhouette Studio, can you do the same with this software?
ARinOC

Post by ARinOC »

Not sure if this has been covered, but here goes: I used SCAL2 with my Cricut Exp for several months and recently upgraded to SCAL3 to use with my eCraft cutter. I'm mainly using my eCraft, but would like to keep the SCAL2 as a backup for the Exp. I have the SCAL2 on my old Mac and the SCAL3 on my new one.

1. Will I have problems transferring SCAL2 to my new Mac?
2. Will I still be able to use SCAL2 even though I've upgraded to SCAL3 using the same license?

Thanks for any clarifications of this.