SCAL on more than one computer?

For your help and questions
miriam

Re: SCAL on more than one computer?

Post by miriam »

Well it looks like my computer is going to have to get totally reformatted. I have already used my two installs. One of the installs is on the computer being reformatted. That computer is also going to have a new operating system put on it windows 7 instead of xp. How can i unactivate the current install so that I can put it back on the computer after hubby finishes "fixing" it?
Deloris

Post by Deloris »

miriam wrote:Well it looks like my computer is going to have to get totally reformatted. I have already used my two installs. One of the installs is on the computer being reformatted. That computer is also going to have a new operating system put on it windows 7 instead of xp. How can i unactivate the current install so that I can put it back on the computer after hubby finishes "fixing" it?
See the post right before yours for deactivation instructions.

If you have already reformatted without deactivating SCAL then send an email to Todd at support@craftedge.com

He can reset your activation allowance in his computer so that you can resinstall on Win 7.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Also, it's best to set SCAL to XP compatibility before you activate it. HTH
slouise

Post by slouise »

I want to purchase SCAL - but I really am computer program illeterate. I'm glad to know that you can download it onto two comptures.

I have Vista on one and XP on another one - does that make a difference?

Also I read, by HeartherM, that it is best to set SCAL to XP compatibility - does that mean you should set it for XP even is you have Vista? Sorry - but I was serious when I said I don't understand "programs."
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

XP compatibility mode is for Vista and Windows 7. With both my Vista 64 bit and Windows 7 64 bit systems I needed to run in XP compatibility mode. See the CE website for more on this. http://www.craftedge.com/products/xpmode.html
slouise

Post by slouise »

Thank you. How do you guys learn all this stuff!
scraplynn

Post by scraplynn »

KansasA wrote:I'm a bit late here but thought I would add this to the post.
If you are getting rid of an old computer or formatting, etc or just want to deactivate SCAL so you can install it to another computer/laptop, you must:
On the computer you want to remove the program from.
Start the program
choose About under the Help menu
hold down the Shift key and click in the about window
it will ask to de-activate
This process requires an internet connection
Once it is de-activated, you can use your serial to activate on the new computer.

So, if i do this (above) then it resets my key and I will still be able to install it on two computers? Do I transfer the program onto my external, then onto the new laptop... or do I download the trial version of SCAL from the website and activate it??? I am getting a new laptop tomorrow and I just want to make sure I do this correctly..

Thanks,
Carrie
IrisM

Post by IrisM »

Well, I suffered a computer crash on my home computer where SCAL2 was located. I still have it on my office computer. All my info was on that computer. I requested to send the serial number for activation which I received, but I am unable to install the program on my spare computer. The originally computer is completely gone I believe - it is being looked at now and I have no way to start it up to deactivate the software. So right now the serial number is sitting on two computers even though one is trashed.

I sent an email to support in hopes that they can either unlock the serial number or send a new one. Either way I am without the paid program on my home computer until I hear from them. I only installed the program on my office computer so I could make designs during my lunch and then bring them home after work. I have no way to actually make cuts at work at all.

How long does it take to receive a response from support?
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

You could try deactivating the version on your office computer and reactivate your home computer until you hear from them.
Todd
skbohanon

Post by skbohanon »

Hello!

I was hoping to find the answer to my issue here, but no luck. :)

I installed the software on my MacBook (laptop) and I'm trying to install it on my Mac (desktop), but continue to get an error that says "You can't open the application because it is not supported on this architecture."

Any suggestions?!

Thanks so much! Appreciate it!